- Advocate Condell Medical Center
- Hawthorn Surgery Center
- NorthShore University HealthSystem
- Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital
- Red Oaks Surgical Suites
Areas of Expertise
- Achilles Tendon Disorders
- Acute & Chronic Ankle Sprains
- Bunion & Hammer Toe Correction
- Foot & Ankle Arthritis
- Fractures of the Foot and Ankle
- Hindfoot Reconstructive Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery and Arthroscopic Surgery
- Sports Injuries Treatment
Dr. Akshay Jain attended the University of Illinois at Chicago where he was selected as part of the GPPA (Guaranteed Professional Programs Admissions) program and graduated magna cum laude. As part of the program, he remained at UIC to complete his medical school degree, graduating with distinction. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Indiana University. Dr. Jain also completed a foot and ankle surgery fellowship in New York at the world-renowned Hospital for Special Surgery. While there he had the privilege to train with leaders in orthopedic foot and ankle surgery, learning techniques in minimally invasive and reconstructive foot and ankle surgical procedures.
Dr. Jain has published peer-reviewed articles extensively in orthopedic and medical journals and has been involved in numerous national and international presentations throughout his training. He is passionate about learning about his patients and takes great pride in providing them with the most individualized orthopedic care. His goal is to provide his patients with a clear and comprehensive understanding of their condition and the treatment options available to them. The decision on how to move forward is then made together with the patient, an active participant in all aspects of the process. Dr. Jain makes it a priority to utilize all aspects of non-surgical treatments prior to surgical consideration as well as minimally invasive surgery and arthroscopic surgery.
An avid sports fan, Dr. Jain loves to travel and spend his free time with his wife and growing family.
My goal is to provide my patients with a clear and comprehensive understanding of their condition and the treatment options available to them before deciding on a path forward together which best suits their needs.”Akshay Jain, MD
University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine
Indiana University- Orthopedic Surgery
Hospital for Special Surgery- Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Surgery
Affiliations and Associations
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Bogunovich L, Wetters NG, Jain A, Cole BJ, Yankee AB. In Vitro Analysis of Micronized Cartilage Stability in the Knee: Effect of Fibrin Level, Defect Size, and Defect Location. Arthroscopy. 2019, Apr; 35(4): 1212-18. PMID: 30871906.
- Mellano CR, Frank RM, Shin JJ, Jain A, Zuke WA, Mascarenhas R, Shewman E, Cole BJ, Romeo AA, Verma NN, Forsythe B. Subpectoral Biceps Tenodesis with PEEK Interference Screw: A Biomechanical Analysis of Humeral Fracture Risk. Arthroscopy. 2018, Mar; 34(3): 806-13. PMID: 29287950.
- Shin JJ, Hamamoto JT, Leroux TS, Saccomanno MF, Jain A, Khair MM, Mellano CR, Shewman EF, Nicholson GP, Romeo AA, Cole BJ, Verma NN. Biomechanical Analysis of Latarjet Screw Fixation: Comparison of Screw Types and Fixation Methods. Arthroscopy. 2017, Sep; 33(9): 1646-53. PMID: 28688826.
- Erickson BJ, Jain A, Cvetanovich GL, Nicholson GP, Cole BJ, Romeo AA, Verma NN. Biceps Tenodesis: An Evolution of Treatment. American Journal of Orthopedics. 2017 Jul/Aug; 46(4): E219-E223. PMID: 28856351.
- Erickson BJ, Jain A, Abrams GD, Nicholson GP, Cole BJ, Romeo AA, Verma NN. SLAP Lesions: Trends in Treatment. Arthroscopy. 2016 Jun; 32(6):976-81. PMID: 26907371.
- Saltzman BM, Jain A, Campbell KA, Mascarenhas R, Romeo AA, Verma NN, Cole BJ. Does the Use of Platelet-Rich Plasma at the Time of Surgery Improve Clinical Outcomes in Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair When Compared with Control Cohorts? A Systematic Review of Metaanalyses. Arthroscopy. 2016 May; 32(5):906-18. PMID: 26725454.
- Bohl DD, Ahn J, Tabaraee E, Ahn J, Jain A, Grauer JN, Singh K. Urinary Tract Infection Following Posterior Lumbar Fusion Procedures: An ACS-NSQIP Study. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2015 Nov; 40(22):1785-91. PMID: 26020850.
- Bogunovich L, Jain A, Campbell KA, Wright R. The Role of DVT Prophylaxis after ACL Reconstruction. Operative Techniques in Sports Medicine. 2015, Jun
- Hsu E.L., Sonn K., Kannan A., Bellary S., Yun C., Hashmi S., Nelson J., Mendoza M., Nickoli M., Ghodasra J., Park C., Mitchell S.,Ashtekar A., Ghosh A., Jain A., Stock S.R., Hsu W.K… Dioxin Exposure Impairs BMP-2-Mediated Spinal Fusion in a Rat Arthrodesis Model. The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. American Volume. 2015, Jun; 97(12): 1003-10. PMID: 26085534.
- Jain A, Jacobson J, Klitzman R. Current Concepts in Arthroscopic Treatment of Chronic Lateral Ankle Instability. Submitted
- Jain A, Herbst SA. Long Term Follow Up Following Total Ankle Arthroplasty with Trabecular Metal Implant. In Progress
- Jain A. Fraser AL. Mckinley T. The Incidence of Heterotopic Ossification Following Acetabular Surgery with Prophylactic Radiation Treatment. In Progress