About Illinois Bone & Joint Institute
At Illinois Bone & Joint Institute (IBJI), we help you move better, so you can live better. We treat orthopedic conditions from rheumatoid arthritis to ankle sprains. We repair muscle tears and bone breaks, so you can compete again. We replace worn out knees and hips, so you can live an active life again. We help you prevent injury and disease through wellness programs. We get you moving again, so you can return to the activities and life you love.
Founded in 1990, IBJI is the largest orthopedic group practice in Illinois. With more than 150 physicians in every orthopedic specialty, IBJI offers care for children and adults from some of the most accomplished and respected orthopedists in the country. Serving northern Illinois and northwest Indiana, IBJI makes it easy to access care.
- Illinois’ largest independent orthopedic group with more than 150 physician partners
- Founded in 1990 by Wayne M. Goldstein, M.D., Robert M. Patek, M.D., Jeffrey L. Visotsky, M.D., and David J. Raab, M.D.
- Chief Executive Officer André Blom
- Headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, approximately 20 miles northwest of the Chicago Loop
- More than 50 locations in Illinois, including Chicago
- 14 OrthoAccess® immediate care clinics in Illinois
- MRI and CT services offered at many IBJI locations
- Specialized programs include OrthoHealth® medical wellness program, OrthoSync® pre- and post-operative care planning program
IBJI is a musculoskeletal healthcare organization comprised of highly-trained professionals working as dedicated teams to provide empathetic, timely, convenient, efficient, highest quality care, so our patients can ‘Move Better, Live Better’.
Through strategic internal and external growth supported by healthcare delivery innovation and excellence, IBJI will become our region’s leading provider of integrated musculoskeletal patient care services.
Organizational Core Values
- Patient-centric Care – At IBJI, we put the patients first. Providing empathetic care and open communication to our patients. We know how important it is to listen to your needs.
- Musculoskeletal Care Value – IBJI is continually growing and improving our organization, staff and systems to deliver the highest quality care while also being efficient and utilizing the essential resources for optimized outcomes.
- Teamwork – Comprehensive care offered all in one place enables physicians, therapists and staff to work closely together. IBJI works as an effective team, recognizing the strengths and benefits of collaboration. Through the mutual support of effective teams and communication, we improve patient care. Our care is made safer and is more satisfying for both our patients and IBJI team members.
Collaborative, Integrated Care is Better Care
IBJI offers a full range of orthopedic care, including advanced MRI imaging, pain management, non-surgical and surgical treatment plans, rheumatology, physical therapy, occupational therapy, wellness and sports training. IBJI OrthoAccess® walk-in clinics provide same day immediate care for orthopedic injuries.
Comprehensive care offered all in one place enables physicians, therapists and staff to work closely together, so that patients and families achieve better outcomes. Collaborative care is also more efficient. In many cases, IBJI services are substantially less expensive than those provided at large healthcare systems and emergency rooms.
Together, we are stronger.
Our organization is deeply rooted in the union of many practice to provide exceptional orthopedic care to all patients in our region. Today, our family of practices includes Hinsdale Orthopaedics, OAK Orthopedics and Orthopaedic Surgery Specialists.