We Help You Move Better, So You Can Live Better
At Illinois Bone & Joint Institute (IBJI), we treat orthopedic conditions from rheumatoid arthritis to ankle sprains. We repair muscle tears and bone breaks, so you can compete again. We replace worn out knees and hips, so you can live an active life again. We help you prevent injury and disease through wellness programs. We get you moving again, so you can return to the activities and life you love.
Founded in 1990, IBJI is the largest orthopedic group practice in Illinois. With more than 150 physicians in every orthopedic specialty, IBJI offers care for children and adults from some of the most accomplished and respected orthopedists in the country. Serving Northern and Central Illinois, IBJI makes it easy to access care.
IBJI is a musculoskeletal healthcare organization comprised of highly-trained professionals working as dedicated teams to provide empathetic, timely, convenient, efficient, highest quality care, so our patients can ‘Move Better, Live Better’.
Together, we are stronger.
Our organization is deeply rooted in the union of many practice to provide exceptional orthopedic care to all patients in our region. Today, our family of practices includes Hinsdale Orthopaedics, OAK Orthopedics and Orthopaedic Surgery Specialists.
Collaborative, Integrated Care is Better Care
IBJI offers a full range of orthopedic care, including advanced MRI imaging, pain management, non-surgical and surgical treatment plans, rheumatology, physical therapy, occupational therapy, wellness and sports training. IBJI OrthoAccess® walk-in clinics provide same day immediate care for orthopedic injuries.
Comprehensive care offered all in one place enables physicians, therapists and staff to work closely together, so that patients and families achieve better outcomes. Collaborative care is also more efficient. In many cases, IBJI services are substantially less expensive than those provided at large healthcare systems and emergency rooms.
Organizational Core Values
Patient-Centric Care – Musculoskeletal Care Value – Teamwork
Through strategic internal and external growth supported by healthcare delivery innovation and excellence, IBJI will become our region’s leading provider of integrated musculoskeletal patient care services.
- Physician-owned orthopedic practice with more than 150 physician partners
- Founded in 1990 by Wayne M. Goldstein, M.D., Robert M. Patek, M.D., Jeffrey L. Visotsky, M.D., and David J. Raab, M.D.
- Chief Executive Officer André Blom
- Chief Medical Officer and Orthopedic Director William J. Robb, M.D.
- Headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, approximately 20 miles northwest of the Chicago Loop
- More than 50 locations in Illinois, including Chicago
- MRI and CT services offered at many IBJI locations
- Specialized programs include OrthoHealth® medical wellness program, OrthoSync® pre- and post-operative care planning program