Dr. Gerald Eisenberg is the Director of Rheumatology at Illinois Bone & Joint Institute. He is board-certified in Rhuematology, as well as Internal Medicine. His practice focuses on the treatment of systemic rheumatic diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and other autoimmune, inflammatory disorders.
He, along with the other members of the Rheumatology team, provides cutting edge diagnosis and treatment in a comfortable, one- stop setting. With over thirty years of experience, Dr. Eisenberg uses his hands-on knowledge to work with and guide his patients to the best possible outcomes with the least risk and expense.
In addition to the most current diagnostic and therapeutic options, available right in the office, Dr. Eisenberg performs injection therapies for arthritic joint and lower back pain. He will often accompany his patients to visits with his orthopedic partners for a consultative experience that simply cannot be matched anywhere else. Participation in clinical research enables Dr. Eisenberg’s patients access to treatments that are not available to the general public, at no cost, right in the office.
Additional Areas of Expertise
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Spinal Stenosis
- Muscle Pain
- Muscle Inflammation
- Arthritis (Rheumatoid Arthritis & Osteoarthritis)
- Back Pain (Spinal Stenosis, Sciatica)
- Bone Density (DXA)
- Connective Tissue Disease
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Joint Injection
- Joint Pain (Hand, Wrist, Ankle, Foot, Knee, Hip, Back, Neck, Shoulder, Elbow)
- Lupus (Systemic Lupus Erythematosis)
- Vasculitis (Wegeners, Microscopic Polyangiitis, Giant Cell Artheritis)
Philosophy of Care
Dr. Eisenberg has years of experience and a regional reputation for quiet listening, careful evaluation, and up-to-date treatment in a setting of “one stop” comprehensive and convenient services. He is available by phone and email for questions and concerns. His email address is email@example.com. He’s Director of Rheumatology at Illinois Bone and Joint Institute.
University of Illinois and Cook County Hospitals
University of Illinois Hospitals - Chicago
University of Illinois Hospitals - Chicago
The Chicago Medical School, North Chicago IL
Research and Publications
- Eisenberg, G.M., The Medical Staff Structure – Its Role in the 21st Century. Annals of Health Law of Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Vol. 12, Issue 2, pp 249-264, Summer 2003.
- Jacobi, Elizabeth and Eisenberg, G.M., The Efficacy of Guided Imagery and Music (GIM) in the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis. The Journal of the Association for Music and Imagery, Vol. 8, pp 57-74, 2001-2002.
- Trujillo, M.D., Gunasekaran, T.S., Eisenberg, G.M., Pojman, D., and Kallen, R Henoch-Schonlein Purpura: A Diagnosis not to be Forgotten. Journal of Family Practice, Vol. 43, No. 5, 495-498, 11/96.
- Honan, M., White, G.W., Eisenberg, G.M., Spontaneous Infectious Discitis in Adults. American Journal of Medicine, Vol. 100, pp 85-89, 1996.
- Kniaz, D., Eisenberg, G.M., et al., Postpartum Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome Associated with Anticardiolipin Antibody. American Journal of Nephrology, 12:126-133, 1992.
- Greenberg, S.R., and Eisenberg, G.M., The Pulmonary Effects of Benzyl Viologen in Swiss Mice. Environmental Pollution, 12: 255-259, 1977.
- Eisenberg, G.M., Polymyalgia rheumatica and giant cell arteritis; Polymyositis, Dematomyositis and Inclusion Body Myositis in Principles of Geriatric Medicine & Gerontology. Hazzard, W.R., Bierman, E.L., Blass, J.P., Ettinger, W.H., Halter, J.B., Editors. Third Edition. McGraw-Hill, Inc. Winston-Salem, NC, 1994.
- Skosey, J.L., Eisenberg, G.M., Lee, T.T., and Teodorescu, M., Polyclonal B cell activator in rheumatic diseases. In Human Lymphokines: Biological Immune Response Modifiers. Khan, A., and Hill, N.O., Editors, Academic Press, New York, l982. pp l-7.
- Lutheran General Medical Group – Team Recognition Award
- George C. Fisher, M.D. Humanitarian Award, Rotary Club International, Wilmette, IL Branch
- Doctor of the Year (Spirit Award), Lutheran General Hospital, Park Ridge, IL
- Continuing Medical Education Physician Recognition Award, American Medical Association, Chicago, IL
- Senior Fellow Scholarship Award, American College of Rheumatology
- Keeshin Award, Institute of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Burroughs, Wellcome Company Senior Scholarship, The Chicago Medical School, North Chicago, IL
See my Curriculum Vitae