- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- Skokie Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
BiographyDr. Gerald Eisenberg is the Director of Rheumatology at Illinois Bone & Joint Institute. He is board-certified in Rhuematology, as well as Internal Medicine. His practice focuses on the treatment of systemic rheumatic diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and other autoimmune, inflammatory disorders. He, along with the other members of the Rheumatology team, provides cutting edge diagnosis and treatment in a comfortable, one- stop setting. With over thirty years of experience, Dr. Eisenberg uses his hands-on knowledge to work with and guide his patients to the best possible outcomes with the least risk and expense. In addition to the most current diagnostic and therapeutic options, available right in the office, Dr. Eisenberg performs injection therapies for arthritic joint and lower back pain. He will often accompany his patients to visits with his orthopedic partners for a consultative experience that simply cannot be matched anywhere else. Participation in clinical research enables Dr. Eisenberg’s patients access to treatments that are not available to the general public, at no cost, right in the office.
Additional Areas of Expertise
Philosophy of Care
Dr. Eisenberg has years of experience and a regional reputation for quiet listening, careful evaluation, and up-to-date treatment in a setting of “one stop” comprehensive and convenient services. He is available by phone and email for questions and concerns. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. He’s Director of Rheumatology at Illinois Bone and Joint Institute.
The Chicago Medical School, North Chicago IL
University of Illinois Hospitals - Chicago
University of Illinois Hospitals - Chicago
University of Illinois and Cook County Hospitals
Research and Publications
- Eisenberg, G.M., The Medical Staff Structure – Its Role in the 21st Century. Annals of Health Law of Loyola University Chicago School of Law, Vol. 12, Issue 2, pp 249-264, Summer 2003.
- Jacobi, Elizabeth and Eisenberg, G.M., The Efficacy of Guided Imagery and Music (GIM) in the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis. The Journal of the Association for Music and Imagery, Vol. 8, pp 57-74, 2001-2002.
- Trujillo, M.D., Gunasekaran, T.S., Eisenberg, G.M., Pojman, D., and Kallen, R Henoch-Schonlein Purpura: A Diagnosis not to be Forgotten. Journal of Family Practice, Vol. 43, No. 5, 495-498, 11/96.
- Honan, M., White, G.W., Eisenberg, G.M., Spontaneous Infectious Discitis in Adults. American Journal of Medicine, Vol. 100, pp 85-89, 1996.
- Kniaz, D., Eisenberg, G.M., et al., Postpartum Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome Associated with Anticardiolipin Antibody. American Journal of Nephrology, 12:126-133, 1992.
- Greenberg, S.R., and Eisenberg, G.M., The Pulmonary Effects of Benzyl Viologen in Swiss Mice. Environmental Pollution, 12: 255-259, 1977.
- Eisenberg, G.M., Polymyalgia rheumatica and giant cell arteritis; Polymyositis, Dematomyositis and Inclusion Body Myositis in Principles of Geriatric Medicine & Gerontology. Hazzard, W.R., Bierman, E.L., Blass, J.P., Ettinger, W.H., Halter, J.B., Editors. Third Edition. McGraw-Hill, Inc. Winston-Salem, NC, 1994.
- Skosey, J.L., Eisenberg, G.M., Lee, T.T., and Teodorescu, M., Polyclonal B cell activator in rheumatic diseases. In Human Lymphokines: Biological Immune Response Modifiers. Khan, A., and Hill, N.O., Editors, Academic Press, New York, l982. pp l-7.
- Lutheran General Medical Group – Team Recognition Award
- George C. Fisher, M.D. Humanitarian Award, Rotary Club International, Wilmette, IL Branch
- Doctor of the Year (Spirit Award), Lutheran General Hospital, Park Ridge, IL
- Continuing Medical Education Physician Recognition Award, American Medical Association, Chicago, IL
- Senior Fellow Scholarship Award, American College of Rheumatology
- Keeshin Award, Institute of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Burroughs, Wellcome Company Senior Scholarship, The Chicago Medical School, North Chicago, IL
Curriculum VitaeSee my Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.
Tips for Traveling with Arthritis