Thomas Gleason, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon with Fellowship Training in Adult Spine Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certificate in Evaluation of Disability and Impairment Ratings
- Goldstein, W.M., Raab, D.J., Gleason, T.F., Branson, J.J., Berland, K.: Why Posterior Cruciate. Retaining and Substituting Total Knee Replacements Have Similar Ranges of Motion. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. Pages 182-188, Volume 88-A, Supplement 4, 2006
- Biafora,S.J., Mardjetko, S.M., Butler, J.P., McCarthy, P.L., Gleason, T.F.: Arterial Injury following Percutaneous Vertebral Augmentation: A Case Report
Accepted for Publication in Spine, February, 2006 – Spine, 31:E84-E87, 2006
- Ponder, B.L., Gleason, T.F., and Mardjetko, S.M.: Neurophysiologic Intraoperative Monitoring during Percutaneous Thoracolumbar Kyphoplasty: A Multi-Modality Approach. Am. J. END Technol, 42:103-118, 2002
- Goldstein, W.M., Gleason, T.F., Kopplin, M., and Branson, J.J.: Prevalence of Dislocation After Total Hip Arthroplasty Through a Posterolateral Approach with Partial Capsulotomy and capsulorrhaphy. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. 2001; 83-A Supplement 2-1:2-7
- Ahuja, G.S., Gleason, Thomas F. and Suckow, Earl E.: Osteoblastoma of the Talus: Case Report and Literature Review. Contemporary Orthopaedics, November 1995
- Gleason, T.F. and Massey, T.H.: Late Sequelae of the Spinal Trauma. Chapter 22. Spinal Trauma, 563-580. Edited by Errico, T.J., Bauer, R.D., Waugh, T.J., B. Lippincott, Philedelphia, Pennsylvania, 1990.
- Kostuik, J.P., Errico, T.J., and Gleason, T.F.: Luque Instrumentation in Degenerative Conditions of the Lumbar Spine. Spine, 15:318-321, 1990.
- Cybulski, G.R., Greager, J.A., Gleason, T.F., Reyes, M.G. and Horuski, M.F.: Malignant Schwannoma (Neurofibrosarcoma) Metastatic to the Spine: Surgical Decompression and Stabilization. Spine, 14:549-551, 1989.
- Cybulski, G.R., Anson, J., Gleason, T.F., Horusi, M.F. and Reyes, M.G.: Aneurysmal Bone Cyst of the Thoracic Spine: Treatment and Segmental Stabilization with Luque Rods. Neurosurgery, 24:273-276, 1989
- Kostuik, J.P., Errico, T.J. and Gleason, T.F.: Spinal Stabilization of Vertebral Column Tumors. Spine, 13:250-256, 1988.56, 1988.
- Kostuik, J.P., Errico, T.J., and Gleason, T.F.: Techniques of Internal Fixation for Degenerative Conditions of the Lumbar Spine. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, 203:219-231, February 1986.
- Gleason, T.F., Goldstein, W.M., and Ray, R.D.: The Function of the Anconeus Muscle. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, 192:147-148, February 1985.
- Hall, R., and Gleason, T.F.: Simultaneous Closed Complex Dislocation of the Index, Long and Ring Finger: A Case Report. Journal of Hand Surgery, 10:81-85, January 1985.
- Gleason, T.F., Barmada, R. and Ghosh, L.: Can Carbon Fiber Implants Substitute for Collateral Ligaments. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, 191:274-280, December 1984.
- Gleason, T.F. and Goldstein, W.M.: Traumatic Recurrent Posterior Dislocation of the Radial Head: A Case Report. Clinical Orthopaedics and Relative Research, 184:186-189, April 1984.
- Gleason, T.F., Goldstein, W.M., and Ray, R.D.: The Function of the Anconeus Muscle. Letter to the Editor. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, 65:1031, 1983.
- Goldstein, W.M., Gleason, T.F., and Barmada, R.: A Comparison Between Arthrotomy and Irrigation and Multiple Aspirations in the Treatment of Pyogenic Arthritis. A Histologic Study in a Rabbit. Orthopaedics, 6:1309-1314, 1983.
- Gleason, T.F., and Abraham, E.: Bilateral Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Associated with Unilateral Duplication of the Flexor Digitorium Superficialis Muscle: A Case Report, The Hand. 14:48-50, 1982
- Gleason, T.F., Prinz, R.A., Kirsch, E.P., Jablokow, V., and Greenlee, H.R. :
Tuberculosis of the Duodenum. The American Journal of Gastroenterology, 72:36-40, 1979
- Honorable Mention, First Annual Orthopaedic Writing Competition for Orthopaedic Residents
- Winner – Scientific paper on Trauma, The American College of Surgeons: 1983
- Midwest Winner, Competition on Scientific Papers on Trauma, The American College of Surgeons: 1984
- Chosen as one of “America’s Top Physicians”, listed in the “Guide to America’s Top Physicians”, chosen by the Consumer’s Research Council of America
- Assistant Clinical Professor in Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicago, Illinois
- Faculty Member – Cook County Graduate School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
- Preceptor – University of Nebraska – Physician Assistant Program/Master of Physician Assistant Studies.
- Chairman of Orthopaedic Surgery- Holy Family Medical Center