Wayne M. Goldstein, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon with Fellowship Training in Arthritic Reconstructive Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Shah, R. R., Cipparrone, N. E., Parilla, F. W., Robinson, M. G., Gordon, A. C., & Goldstein, W. M. (2019). Survivorship of the Modular Femoral Revision Stem. Orthopedics, 42(5), 294–298. doi: 10.3928/01477447-20190604-09
- Mayers W, Schwartz B, Schwartz A, Moretti V, Goldstein W, Shah R. National Trends and In Hospital Outcomes for Total Hip Arthroplasty in Avascular Necrosis in the United States. International Orthopaedics. 2016 Jan; [epub ahead of print]
- Woon C, Piponov H, Schwartz B, Moretti V, Schraut N, Shah R, Goldstein W. Total Knee Arthroplasty in Obesity: In-Hospital Outcomes and National Trends. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2016 April; [epub ahead of print].
- Meyer G, Goldstein W. “Improving Orthopaedic Postoperative Pathways of Care Using a Rehabilitation Discharge Planning Index,” Orthopaedic Practice, (26)2:104-107, 2014.
- Merz M, Goldstein W, Gordon A, Bohnenkamp F, Sulo, S. “Perioperative Differences in Conventional and Computer-Assisted Surgery in Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty,” accepted for publication, American Journal of Orthopaedics, 2014. PMID 24945475
- Goldstein W, CORR Insights: Developing a Pathway for High-Value, Patient-Centered Total Joint Arthroplasty, CORR, December, 2013. DOI: 10.1007/s11999-013-3398-4. PMID 24353052
See CV for additional Research and Publications
- Healio Orthopedics Blue Ribbon Award for “Aspirin Alone Is Not Enough to Prevent Deep Venous Thrombosis After Total Joint Arthroplasty.” February 2019.
- Distinguished Alumnus Award, UIC College of Medicine, 2013
- Media Orthopaedic Reporting Excellence Award, National Orthopaedic Leadership Conference, Washington, DC, 2008
- First Place Poster, Adult Reconstruction Knee “Over-Utilization of MRI in the Osteoarthritis Patient,” 2008
- International Relief Effort Volunteer Recognition, 10th District International Volunteer Fair, 2008
- Award of Excellence, Scientific Exhibit “Implant Sizing in the Female Total Knee Arthroplasty,” AAOS, 2007
- Sequential Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty and “Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty”
- Annual Writers Award, Association of periOperative Registered Nurses, 2002-2003
- George C. Fisher Humanitarian Award, Rotary Club, 1990