Libertyville Physician Offices
720 Florsheim Drive
Libertyville, IL 60048
- Advocate Condell Medical Center
- Evanston Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
- Glenbrook Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
- Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital
- Skokie Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
BiographyDr. Andrew Hunt is a board-certified internist and pediatrician with additional certification in sports medicine. He specializes in non-operative treatment of orthopedic and sports medicine conditions, including arthritis, concussions, basic fractures, and sprains and strains of joints and muscles. He offers patients advanced treatments such as joint injections, including steroids, viscosupplements and platelet rich plasma when appropriate. Dr. Hunt grew up competing in sports and chose to pursue a career in sports medicine to combine his passion for athletics with helping people. He takes a broad view of the medical issue and whenever possible provides more than one option for treatment. Since he does not operate, he can provide an unbiased assessment of the need for surgery and advises patients accordingly. Dr. Hunt has been the medical director for USA Triathlon since 2004, managing the whole of medical coverage for USA Teams. He served as a team physician for the United States Olympic Committee during the 2007 Pan American Games in Brazil and has covered professional football, professional hockey and Northwestern University teams. He also is a clinical associate professor of medicine at the University of Chicago’s Pritzker School of Medicine.
Additional Areas of Expertise
Philosophy of Care
My background in internal medicine and pediatrics combined with my athletic history allows me to provide a different perspective on some musculoskeletal management issues.
Medical College of Ohio
St. Francis Hospital, Evanston IL
Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, Chicago IL
Primary Care Sports Medicine
Pennsylvania Hospital, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia PA
Research and Publications
- “Isolated Jejunal Rupture in a Professional Hockey Player”, November 2001, The Physician & Sports Medicine
- “Musculoskeletal Fitness”, April 2003, Clinical Orthopedics & Related Research
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine: Clinical Instructor
- Team Physician, United States Triathlon Team, 2002-present
- Assistant Team Physician, Northwestern University
- Past Attending Physician, World Cadet/University National Wrestling Tournament
- Past Attending Physician, “Shamrock Shuffle”, 8K, Chicago IL
Team Physician, US Soccer Teams
- Assistant Medical Director & past attending physician, Chicago Marathon
- Head Team Physician, Evanston High School
Curriculum VitaeSee my Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.