Matthew L. Jimenez, MD
- 25 East Same Day Surgery Center
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- Illinois Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Surgery Center
- Skokie Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
BiographyDr. Jimenez is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon, fellowship-trained in hip and pelvis reconstruction, specializing in orthopedic fracture care and joint reconstruction. His patient-centered focus is on soft-tissue preservation and rapid recovery. He has a special interest and expertise in the Direct Anterior Approach for total hip arthroplasty. Dr. Jimenez holds leadership roles with Illinois Bone & Joint Institute and Advocate Lutheran General Hospital. He is a past Board of Councilor for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, and is the Past President of the Illinois Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons. He is Founder and Chairman of the non-profit Foundation for Education and Musculoskeletal Research. As well, Dr. Jimenez has extensive research and academic experience. He is Chairman and Founder of the Annual Chicago Trauma Symposium, and lectures extensively locally, nationally, and internationally. He has published several articles and book chapters, and given numerous scientific presentations and exhibits. Dr. Jimenez is a leader and dedicated hip and pelvis reconstruction surgeon, committed to educating and healing the community.
Additional Areas of Expertise
Philosophy of Care
The patient always comes first! Patient safety and excellent outcomes are my prime focus. I will do everything in my power to help my patients achieve their goals.
College of Medicine, The University of Iowa
Northwestern University, Evanston IL
Orthopaedic Trauma & Joint Reconstruction
Sunnybrook Medical Center, University of Toronto
Research and Publications
- Shah, R., Goldstein, J., Cipparrone, N., Gordon, A., Jimenez, M., Goldstein, W.; “Alarmingly High Rate of Implant Fractures in One Modular Femoral Stem Design: A Comparison of Two Implants” accepted J Arthroplasty, 32(2017): 3157-3162.
- Goldstein, W.M., Jimenez, M.L., Gordon, A.C., Branson, J.J., Berland, K; Use of a Sentinel Pin as a Guide to Acetabular Component Anteversion in Total Hip Arthroplasty. The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, Am 88: 97-100, 2006.
- Goldstein, W.M., Jimenez, M.L., Bailie, D.; Safety of a Clinical Surveillance Protocol with Three and Six Week Warfarin Prophylaxis After Total Joint Arthroplasty. Orthopedics, 24(7): 651-654, 2001.
See CV for additional Research & Publications
- AAOS Achievement Award Recipient, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 2010
- Artist, AAOS Art Exhibit, 2008 eMotion Pictures: An Exhibit or Orthopaedic Art & 2010 Wounded in Action: An Art Exhibit of Orthopaedic Advancements
- University of Iowa College of Medicine, Oxford Scholar, 1989
- Board of Directors, Illinois Bone & Joint Institute, 2011-Present
- Top Doctor 2012, 2013
- Clinical Professor, University of Illinois at Chicago, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2007-Present
- Residency Program Director, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2011-Present
- Past President, Illinois Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 2011-Present
- Board of Councilors, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 2003-2009
- Leadership Fellows Program, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 2003-2004
Visit My Websitehttps://drjimenez.com/
Curriculum VitaeSee my Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.