Josephine Mo, MD has been practicing in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago specializing in hand and upper extremity surgery since 2003. She completed both her undergraduate studies and medical school at Northwestern University as a member of the 7-year Honors Program in Medical Education. She also completed her orthopaedic residency at Northwestern University followed by a fellowship in hand and upper extremity surgery at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. Dr. Mo is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and has also successfully completed a Subspecialty Certificate in Surgery of the Hand. She is an active member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Society for Surgery of the Hand. She has been recognized by Lutheran General Hospital for her compassion and excellence in patient care.
What Patients Should Know About Me
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese
- Working Knowledge of Spanish
Northwestern University Medical School – Chicago, Illinois- Doctor of Medicine
Northwestern University – Chicago, Illinois- Orthopaedic Surgery
Washington University – St. Louis, Missouri- Hand Surgery
Affiliations and Associations
- Diplomate of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2005
- Certificate of Added Qualifications in Surgery of the Hand, 2006
“I wanted to write this testimonial for Dr. Josephine Mo at IBJI. I met Dr. Mo in December, 2018 where she saw my very advanced Dupuytren’s Contracture in both of my hands. She thoroughly explained my treatment options in a very concise manner. She said it was my choice as to when and as to which treatment plan I could choose. I elected to have my first hand surgery in June 2020 at Good Shepherd Hospital, and I just had my second hand done this past April. The combination of her meticulous and precise surgical abilities as well as the incredible post surgical physical therapy has resulted in a complete and full recovery. I am truly amazed, and I couldn’t be happier. To say I would recommend Dr. Mo to anyone who has Dupuytren’s Contracture would be a true understatement. She is an incredible surgeon. Her staff is wonderful. This was not a fun disease to deal with over the last seven years, but knowing there is a solution with Dr. Mo should be comforting to anyone who needs to treat it.” – James G.
I have seen Dr. Josephine Mo on several occasions for the past few years. The first was for a trigger finger on my right hand. The second was for another trigger finger on my left hand. My most recent visits was for carpal tunnel surgery on both of my hands. I am very impressed with the entire staff at OSS (Orthopaedic Surgery Specialist). They answer your questions, return your phone calls, and follow up with appointments. They do all of these things with a cheerful attitude. I felt at ease dealing with the entire staff. I am most impressed with the knowledge of Dr. Mo in diagnosing my different hand issues. She takes the time to explain each procedure and answers all questions. She has a calm demeanor with a reassuring confident manner. My carpal tunnel surgery could not have gone any better. The day after the surgeries the numbness in my hands was gone. I have been able to sleep through the night without my hands waking me for the first time in several months. I would highly recommend Dr. Mo for any hand issues. – George K
- Mo, JH, Manske, PR: “Surgical Treatment for Type 0 Radial Longitudinal Deficiency” Journal of Hand Surgery 29A (6): 983-986, 2004.
- Mo, JH, Gelberman, RH: “Ligament Reconstruction with Trapezium Retention Arthroplasty for Carpometacarpal Arthritis” Journal of Hand Surgery 29A (2):240-246, 2004.
- Chao, JD, Huang JM, and Wiedrich TA: “Local Hand Flaps” Journal of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand 1(1): 25-44, 2001.
- McDermott, MM, Dolan, NC, Huang J., Reifler, D, and Rademaker, AW: “Lump Detection in Silicone Breast Models Simulating Postmenopausal Breast Tissue” Journal of General Internal Medicine 11(2): 112-114, 1996.
- Attending Orthopaedic Surgeon, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, 2007 to present
- Attending Orthopaedic Surgeon, Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital, 2003 to present