Michael Kornblatt, MD
Chicago-Millennium Park Physician Offices
150 N. Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60601
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- Skokie Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
Dr. Michael Kornblatt is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in treating disorders of the spine, including herniated disks and spinal stenosis. Dr. Kornblatt has extensive experience in microscopic surgery, a form of minimally invasive surgery that uses advanced microscopes to view the surgical area. This technique allows him to perform delicate spine surgery using small incisions, decreasing pain and speeding recoverytimes. Dr. Kornblatt also is experienced in providing injection therapy to treat degenerative disorders of the spine.
Like his brother Ira, also a physician, Dr. Kornblatt was inspired to enter the medical profession by his late uncle, an orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Kornblatt emphasizes a positive attitude in his treatment and encourages the same attitude in patients, recognizing that it can make a significant difference in his patients’ outcomes. He realizes that patients typically are apprehensive about undergoing surgery and makes certain that they are thoroughly informed about their medical options and given the final decision about treatment.
Working with his brother, Dr. Kornblatt was a spine consultant to the Chicago Wolves and the Chicago Bulls for ten years, including the last three Bulls championship seasons.
Additional Areas of Expertise
Philosophy of Care
I respect my patients’ concerns, time, and decisions. They have my complete attention so I can determine the best treatment options and help them make an informed decision about their health.
Affilations and Associations
- North American Spine Society
- American Medical Association
- Illinois Orthopaedic Society
- Chicago Medical Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Lake County Medical Society
Abraham Lincoln School of Medicine
University of Illinois Hospital
University of Illinois Hospital
University of Kansas Medical Center
Research and Publications
- Internal Fixation and Lumbosacral Spine Fusion, A Biomechanical and Clinical Study: Authors, M.D. Kornblatt, M.D., M.P. Casey, M.D., R.R. Jacobs, M.D. Journal Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research # 203, February 1986.
- Lumbar Intraradicular Disk Herniation: Report of 3 cases. R.P. Jackson, M.D., M.D. Kornblatt, M.D. Orthopaedics October 197, Vol 20, No 10.
- Graduated with High Honors from the University of Illinois, Champaign IL, 1975
- Assistant in General Surgery: University of Illinois, Abraham Lincoln School of Medicine Chicago IL 1979-80
- Assistant in Orthopaedics: University of Illinois, Abraham Lincoln School of Medicine Chicago IL 1980-81
- Instructor: Department of Orthopaedics, University of Illinois, Abraham Lincoln School of Medicine Chicago IL
- Spine Fellow, University of Kansas Medical Center Kansas City, KS 1984-85
- Dr. Kornblatt is a former Team Consultant for the Chicago Bulls Professional Basketball Team and the Chicago Wolves Professional Hockey Team
Curriculum VitaeSee my Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.