Barrington Physician Offices
27401 W. Highway 22
Barrington, IL 60010
- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
BiographyDr. Marc Angerame is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in direct anterior approach total hip replacement, total and partial knee replacement, as well as shoulder replacements, arthroscopic shoulder surgery, and arthroscopic knee surgery. His areas of focus include direct anterior approach hip and knee replacement, complex, revision hip and knee replacement, shoulder replacement, arthroscopic shoulder surgery, arthroscopic knee surgery, rotator cuff surgery, ACL reconstruction, and meniscal surgery. He is also interested in shoulder, hip, and knee research. He obtained his undergraduate degree from Loyola University Chicago, graduating Summa Cum Laude. He then pursued his medical degree at Loyola’s Stritch School of Medicine where he graduated Cum Laude with honors in research. For his orthopedic residency, Dr. Angerame spent five years in Charlotte, NC, at Carolinas Medical Center and OrthoCarolina. In addition to working at one of the top 5 busiest trauma centers in the country, he also worked with world-renowned shoulder, hip, and knee reconstruction experts. During fellowship training in Denver, under the tutelage of Dr. Douglas Dennis, he focused on primary (first-time) and complex, revision hip and knee replacements.
Additional Areas of Expertise
- Hip and Knee Replacement
- Revision Hip and Knee Replacement
- Shoulder Replacement
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
- Arthroscopic Knee Surgery
- ACL Reconstruction
- Fracture Surgery
Philosophy of Care
It’s not only about treating the patient’s orthopedic injury, it’s about treating the patient’s spirit. I take that to heart every day when I am entrusted to care for patients in the clinic or operating room.
Loyola University Chicago
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
Carolinas Medical Center
Rocky Mountain Joint Replacement
- Resident Scholarship, International Pediatric Orthopaedic Society, 2014
- Resident Scholarship, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, 2015
- Best Resident Research Paper, Second Place, North Carolina Orthopaedic Association, 2015
- Basal Boyd, MD Resident Research Award, 2016
- Best Resident Paper Award – Oscar Miller Day, 2016
- Best Adult Reconstruction Paper, North Carolina Orthopaedic Association, 2016
- Best Shoulder/Elbow Paper, North Carolina Orthopaedic Association, 2016
- Resident Teaching Award, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center & OrthoCarolina, 2017
Curriculum VitaeSee my Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.