Robert McMillan, MD
Robert McMillan, MD
- Evanston Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
- Glenbrook Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
BiographyDr. Robert McMillan is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who has specialized in total joint replacements of the hip and the knee. After 38 years of surgical and conservative management, he currently provides non-surgical general orthopedic, trauma and sports care largely through our OrthoAccess service, as well as in the office. Dr. McMillan feels that being a physician gives him the opportunity to significantly help people. His orthopedic career experience allows him to restore function and to return patients to a better, higher quality of life. In providing care, he treats patients with empathy and understanding. He seeks to enhance the body's own natural healing powers and prefers conservative, non-surgical management for most orthopedic conditions. If these prove ineffective, then surgery may be indicated. In the sports arena, Dr. McMillan was an assistant team physician for Northwestern University varsity athletics for over 20 years. He is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics at the University of Chicago's Pritzker School of Medicine and has been involved in resident and medical student training since starting his practice in 1979.
Additional Areas of Expertise
Northwestern University Medical School
Hospital for Special Surgery, Cornell University
Back & Spine Deformity
Hospital for Special Surgery, Cornell University, New York, NY
- M.D. Awarded with Distinction, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL: 1974
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honorary Society: 1974.
- Philip D. Wilson Award (Highest award for Fellowship trainees at HSS): 1979
- Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 2009 to present
- Associate, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Northwestern University medical School, Chicago, Illinois 1982 to 2009
- Instructor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 1979 to 1982
- Co-Director Motor Skills Lab for PG-2 and PG-3 Residents Northwestern University Medical School Department of Orthopaedic Surgery (1983-2000)
Curriculum VitaeSee my Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
Additional Patient Feedback
“Dr. McMillan is the best! Always listens and spends time with me.”
“I have always found the doctors and care at IBJI to be excellent. Dr. McMillan is an outstanding doctor and has provided me and my children with excellent care over the years.”
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.
"Dr. McMillan Intro".