- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
- Munster Specialty Surgery Center
- Plainfield Surgery Center
- Saint Joseph Medical Center Joliet
- Salt Creek Surgery Center
- UChicago Medicine AdventHealth La Grange
Areas of Expertise
- Shoulder, Elbow, Hand, Hip & Knee
- Orthopaedic Trauma
- Injured Worker
- Anterior Total Hip Arthroplasty, including Revision
- Hip, Knee & Shoulder Replacement
- Reverse Shoulder Replacement
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Knee & Shoulder Arthroscopy
Dr. Nikhil K. Chokshi is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon who treats all types of orthopaedic conditions, but focuses particularly on joint replacement, trauma and orthopaedic oncology. Dr. Chokshi graduated Summa Cum Laude from Washington University in St. Louis where he also completed medical school. He completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery at Seton Hall University in New Jersey, where he was named Outstanding Chief Resident and received multiple teaching awards. Following his residency, Dr. Chokshi completed two fellowships at University of Sydney/Royal Prince Alfred Hospital; Arthroplasty and Orthopaedic Oncology as well as Orthopaedic Trauma. He joins Hinsdale Orthopaedics after practicing in central Illinois for seven years.
Dr. Chokshi specializes in the direct anterior approach to total hip replacement surgery. He also performs patient-specific performs knee replacements which allow the surgeon to customize the surgery to a patient’s unique knee anatomy, reducing the risk of misalignment. These technologies improve the patient’s outcome by extending implant longevity and helping the patient regain an active lifestyle.
Dr. Chokshi performs complex revision surgeries including direct anterior hip revision surgery, distal femur replacement, proximal tibial replacement, and total femoral replacement. He also performs oncologic resections, reconstructions, and reverse total shoulder arthroplasty.
Dr. Chokshi has performed extensive research to continually improve outcomes of treatment. Dr. Chokshi partners with his patients throughout their entire treatment and recovery process, working together to achieve positive results. Dr. Chokshi is also active in sports and has completed four marathons.
Washington University, St. Louis, MO- Doctor of Medicine
Seton Hall University, Paterson, NJ
Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Affiliations and Associations
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), Fellow
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS), Fellow
- International Congress for Joint Reconstruction (ICJR)
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand, Resident Member
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association, Resident Member
- Partner, Hinsdale Orthopaedics