Barrington Physician Offices
27401 W. Highway 22
Barrington, IL 60010
- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
- St. Alexius Medical Center
Meet Jeremy Oryhon
BiographyDr. Jeremy Oryhon brings his advanced expertise in primary and revision joint replacement and reconstruction to Lake Cook Orthopedics, a Division of Illinois Bone & Joint Institute. He joined our team in 2009 after completing the prestigious fellowship in Joint Preservation and Replacement Orthopedic Surgery at Washington University in St. Louis. Dr. Oryhon is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with experience in minimally invasive hip replacement, hip resurfacing, and total knee replacement. He is also experienced in hip arthroscopy and treating problems with the young adult hip. He prides himself and his reputation on partnering with the patient to understand the condition and the treatment options. This includes spending time in patient education both of the disease and the treatment plan. He is a meticulous surgeon, striving to reproduce the best outcome for each patient by employing the latest minimally invasive techniques and technologies including mini-posterior hip replacement, anterior hip replacement, SuperPath hip replacement, muscle-sparing total knee replacement and Oxford partial knee replacement. Dr. Oryhon is an attending physician at Good Shepherd Hospital in Barrington. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons and the Lake County Medical Society. He has participated in orthopedic research at universities across the country, including Rush, Vanderbilt and Washington University. His work has been published in numerous orthopedic peer-reviewed journals. He grew up in the Chicagoland-area and is currently a resident of Barrington. He has a young family and spends most of his free time with them. He is actively involved in the community and in the Ukrainian Orthodox Church both locally and nationally.
Additional Areas of Expertise
Philosophy of Care
It is very important to me to partner with my patients, ensuring that they understand the condition and treatment
options, in order to achieve the best possible outcome.
Rush Medical College
Joint Preservation, Resurfacing and Replacement
Research and Publications
- Contributor to Orthopaedic Knowledge Update: Hip and Knee Reconstruction 4, Chapter 10: New Technology for Knee Arthroplasty. Andrew H. Glassman, MD, MS, Paul F. Lachiewicz, MD, and Michael Tanzer, MD, FRCSC, Editors, 2011.
- SuperPath Hip: The New Guy on the Block. Vanderbilt Orthopedic Society Annual MeetingApril 15, 2016.
- Anterior Approach to THA: The Learning Curve. Vanderbilt Orthopaedic Society AnnualMeeting April 17, 2015.
- Comparison of Weight Bearing Status Following Press Fit Total Hip Arthroplasty. Eastern/Southern Orthopaedic Associations Annual Meeting August 1, 2007, Victoria, BC, Canada.
- Comparison of Weight Bearing Status Following Press Fit Total Hip Arthroplasty. Vanderbilt Orthopaedic Society Annual Meeting May 9, 2008, San Antonio, TX.
- Results of Debridement and Liner Exchange for Treatment of Early-onset Periprosthetic Infections. Vanderbilt Orthopaedic Society Annual Meeting May 10, 2008, San Antonio, TX.
Peer Reviewed Abstract Publications
- Dominic S. Carreira MD, Augustus Mazzocca MD, Fred M. Brown, Jeremy Oryhon, Anthony A. Romeo MD. A Prospective Outcome Evaluation of Arthroscopic Bankart Repairs: Minimum 2-year Follow-up. The American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine – 29th Annual Meeting July 2003, San Diego, CA.
- Jeremy M. Oryhon MD, William B. Kurtz MD, Andrew A. Shinar MD. Comparison of Weight Bearing Status Following Press Fit Total Hip Arthroplasty. Eastern/Southern Orthopaedic Associations Annual Meeting August 1-4, 2007, Victoria, BC, Canada.
Peer Reviewed Paper Publications
- Woloschak, G.E., T. Paunesku, J. Oryhon, J. Milton, P. Shearin-Jones, D. Salbego, and A. Milosavljevic. Radiation-Induced Genes: Identification and Mechanisms. Radiation Research, 1997, 148:520-522.
- Paunesku, T., C.-M. Chang-Liu, P. Shearin-Jones, C.Watson, J. Milton, J. Oryhon, D. Salbego, A. Milosavljevic and G. E. Woloschak. Identification of genes regulated by UV/salicylic acid, Int. J. Radiat. Biol., 2000, vol. 76, no. 2, 189-198.
- Paunesku, T., S. Mittal, M. Protic, J. Oryhon, S. V. Korolev, A. Joachimiak, and G. E. Woloschak. Proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA): ringmaster of the genome, Int. J. Radiat. Biol., 2001, vol. 77, no. 10, 1007-1021.
- Paunesku T., T. Rajh, G. Wiederrecht, J. Maser, S. Vogt, N. Stojićević, M. Protić, B. Lai, J. Oryhon, M. Thurnauer and G. Woloschak. Biology of TiO2-oligonucleotidenanocomposites, Nat. Mater., 2003, 2:343-6.
- Carreira, Dominic S., Augustus D. Mazzocca, Jeremy Oryhon, Frederick M. Brown, Jennifer K. Hayden and Anthony A. Romeo. A Prospective Outcome Evaluation of Arthroscopic Bankart Repairs Minimum 2-Year Follow-up, Am. J. Sports Med., 2006, 34:771-777.
- Clohisy, John C., Jeremy M. Oryhon, Thorsten M. Seyler, Christopher W. Wells, Steve S. Liu, John J. Callaghan, Michael A. Mont. Function and Fixation of Total Hip Arthroplasty in Patients 25 Years of Age or Younger. Clin Orthop Rel Res. 2010, vol. 468, no. 12, 3207- 3213.
- Jan 2015-present Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital Medical Staff Executive Committee – Member-at-large
- Jan 2014-Dec 2015 Advocate Physician Partners Credentials Committee
Visit My Websitehttp://lakecookortho.com/physician/jeremy-m-oryhon-md-sc/
Curriculum VitaeSee my Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.