Dr. Chinyoung Park is a rheumatologist who is dual board-certified in rheumatology and internal medicine. Dr. Park treats patients with arthritis and other inflammatory, autoimmune, and pain-related disorders including rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus, psoriatic arthritis, and osteoarthritis. She has special training in treating vasculitis.
Dr. Park has lived in the Chicago area since the age of 10 when her family arrived in the United States from Korea. As far back as she can remember, she always wanted to become a doctor. Dr. Park earned her undergraduate degree in biology at University of Illinois, volunteering at local hospitals during summer breaks. She completed her medical degree at Loyola University Medical Center and then an Internal Medicine residency at Michael Reese Hospital where she first became fascinated with the field of rheumatology. Dr. Park then went on to complete rheumatology fellowships at both University of Chicago and Cleveland Clinic.
She enjoys working with her patients and interacting with other specialists to diagnose and develop treatment plans to address the wide spectrum of conditions associated with autoimmune diseases. Dr. Park’s family lives in the north suburbs where she and her husband, who is also a physician, are raising three teenage sons. In her spare time, Dr. Park enjoys working with stained glass and reading.
Additional Areas of Expertise
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Connective Tissue Disease
- Vasculitis (Wegeners, Microscopic Polyangiitis, Giant Cell Artheritis)
- Muscle Pain
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Muscle Inflammation – Polymyositis, Myositis, Dermatomyositis
- Joint Injection – Ultrasound Guided
- Joint Pain (Hand, Wrist, Ankle, Foot, Knee, Hip, Back, Neck, Shoulder, Elbow)
- Back Pain (Spinal Stenosis, Sciatica)
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome
- Immune Problems of Pregnancy
- Bone Density & Dexa Scan
Philosophy of Care
The doctor/patient relationship has to be a partnership. I want to give my patients as much information as I can to help them make informed decisions about care plans that will work for them.
Cleveland Clinic Foundation
University of Chicago
Michael Reese Hospital
Loyola University Chicago
Research and Publications
- Examination of phosphoprotein contents of lymphocytes from lupus patients to assess possible derangements in tyrosine kinase transcription pathways involved in T cell activation, 1991-92.
- Park C, Lashner BA, Dozer D, Albert DA: Arthritis of Inflammatory Bowel disease: Analysis of a Large Data Base. Poster presentation at National Meeting, American College of Rheumatology, November 1992. Arthritis & Rheumatism 36:9 (Suppl), Sept 1993.
- Sweiss NJ, Ellman MH, Curran JJ, Utset TO, Park CY: TNF inhibition as a Novel Treatment for Refractory Sarcoidosis. Poster presentation at National Meeting, American College of Rheumatology, November 2001. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 44:S121 ( Suppl), September 2001.
- Sweiss NJ, Ellman MH, Curran JJ, Park CY: TNF-inhibition as a Novel Treatment for Refractory Sarcoidosis. Poster Presentation at National Meeting, American College of Rheumatology, October 2002. Arthritis & Rheumatism 46:S324 (Suppl), Sept 2002
- Castle Connelly Top Doctors
- Recognition Letter of Appreciation from Lake County Health Department for providing Rheumatology care to the uninsured residents of Lake County 2011 to present.
- Practice in Rheumatology, Illinois Bone and Joint Institute, 1/1/2016-
- Private practice in Rheumatology, Park Rheumatology, LLC. 7/1/2005-12/31/2015
- Private practice in Rheumatology, Deerpath Physicians Group, 7/2002- 6/30/2005.
- Assistant Professor of Rheumatology, University of Chicago Hospitals, 9/98-6/2002.
- Staff Rheumatologist, University Mednet (Cleveland), 1994-1998 – Rheumatology (80%) and Internal Medicine (20%)
- Senior Clinical Instructor, Department of Internal Medicine, Case Western University School of Medicine, 1994-1998.
Curriculum Vitae See my Curriculum Vitae