Jack Perlmutter, MD
Barrington Physician Offices
27401 W. Highway 22
Barrington, IL 60010
Lake Barrington Physician Offices
28156 W. Northpointe Pkwy
Lake Barrington, IL 60010
- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
Meet Jack Perlmutter
BiographyDr. Jack Perlmutter is a Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon at Lake Cook Orthopedics, a Division of Illinois Bone & Joint Institute where he has worked since 1997. He is trained in the latest minimally invasive technologies used to treat the spine, his area of specialty. Dr. Perlmutter is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the North American Spine Society. He is also a member of the American Medical Association and the Illinois State Medical Society. He takes the time to perform a thorough evaluation of every patient and their problem(s). Not all spine problems require surgery. We have at our disposal the most advanced diagnostic technologies. If appropriate, non-operative treatments will be attempted. These may include medications, physical therapy, or injections. If not successful, Dr. Perlmutter utilizes the latest surgical procedures. He performs a variety of minimally invasive surgical procedures to decompress nerves or stabilize the spine. His level of expertise is such that he is asked to assist in the education of other surgeons in these techniques. Dr. Perlmutter has worked as a Clinical Instructor in Spinal Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery at Northwestern University Medical School. He has presented his research on surgical treatment of the spine and pediatric orthopedics at numerous national conferences.
Philosophy of Care
I look to non-operative treatments first to heal spine problems; if surgery is required I will use the most minimally invasive surgical procedure possible.
Affiliations and Associations
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons-Fellow
- Illinois State Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- North American Spine Society
University of Illinois Abraham Lincoln School of Medicine
University of Michigan Hospitals
University of Michigan Hospitals
Clinical Instructor in Spinal Surgery
Louisiana State University School of Medicine
Research and Publications
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Metastasis of Cancer to Bone. Us Too Meeting. Oakbrook, Illinois; 1996.
- Special Considerations in Adult Scoliosis. NAON National Meeting. New Orleans, Louisiana; 1994.
- Complications of Pedicle Screw Implementation. Techniques in Spinal Fixation. Orlando, Florida; 1992.
- Spondylolysis and Spondylolisthesis: Basic Concepts in Pediatric Orthopedics. Children’s Hospital. New Orleans, Louisiana; 1990.
- Early Segmental Fixation of Thoracic and Lumbar Spine Fractures with Neurologic Deficits: A Preliminary Report. AOA Residents’ Conference. Ann Arbor, Michigan; 1984.
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- M.D. with Honors, University of Illinois Abraham Lincoln School of Medicine
- 1991-1997 Clinical Instructor in Orthopedic Surgery Northwestern University Medical School Dept. of Orthopedic Surgery
- 1990-1991 Clinical Instructor in Spinal Surgery Northwestern University Medical School Dept. of Orthopedic Surgery
Visit My Website:
Curriculum VitaeSee my Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.
"Dr. Perlmutter - WGN radio". Released: 2018.