Gregory Portland, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon with Fellowship Training in Sports Medicine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- “Stiffness, Viscosity, and Upper Limb Inertia About the Glenohumeral Abduction Axis.” L. Zhang, Ph.D.; G. Portland, M.D.; G. Wang, M.S.; C. DiRaimondo, M.D.; G. Nuber, M.D.; M. Bowen, M.D.; and R. Hendrix, M.D. Journal of Orthopaedic Research. 18(1): 94-100, Jan. 2000. “Acute Surgical Management of Jones’ Fractures. Portland G, Kelikian A, and Kodros S.
Foot and Ankle International. 24(11): 829-33, 2003.
- “Injury to the Infrapatellar Branch of the Saphenous Nerve in Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconsturction: Comparison of Horizontal Versus Vertical Harvest Site Incisions.” Portland GH, Martin D, Keene G, and Menz T. Arthroscopy. 21(3): 281-285, 2005.
- Augustine Todd Scholarship winner, Society of the Cincinnati in the State of Virginia
- Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire – 1991
- Honors awarded in major for thesis paper, “The Legitimization of the Ch’in Dynasty”
- Gannett Newspaper Carrier Scholarship Winner – 1987
- Senior Clinician Educator, Pritzker School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Chicago, IL; 2012 – Present
- Clinical Instructor, University of Chicago Medicine School, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery 2009 – present
- Clinical Instructor, Pritzker School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Chicago, IL; 2009-2011
- Clinical Instructor, Northwestern University Medical School, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Chicago, Illinois 2001 – 2009
- Team Physician, Northwestern University 2001 – 2009
- Team Physician, Glenbrook North High School 2003 – present
- Orthopaedic Consultant, Chicago Griffins Rugby Club, 2001 – present