Craig Westin, MD
Chicago-Avondale Physician Offices
2923 N California Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
Chicago-Millennium Park Physician Offices
150 N. Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60601
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- Presence Saint Joesph Hospital
- Weiss Memorial Hospital
Meet Craig D. Westin
Dr. Craig Westin is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who specializes in the treatment of sports-related knee and shoulder injuries. He provides care for conditions such as rotator cuff tears, shoulder dislocation, meniscal tears and anterior cruciate ligament tears. As well, he performs cartilage replacement procedures and total knee replacements.
In many cases, he is able to treat patients with non-surgical methods. When surgery is needed, Dr. Westin is often able to use arthroscopic techniques to minimize discomfort and speed recovery. /p>
Dr. Westin places an emphasis on continuity of care from diagnosis through completion of treatment, personally coordinating and following the progress of each patient’s post-surgical rehabilitation.
He is the medical director of Chicago’s Joffrey Ballet and a team physician with the U.S. Figure Skating Team, as well he has participated in several Olympics including the 2014 Olympic Games in Sochi. Dr. Westin holds patents for two medical devices and trains orthopedic surgery residents as a clinical assistant professor of orthopedics at the University of Illinois College of Medicine.
Additional Areas of Expertise
– Fracture Care
– Knee Pain & Injuries
– Shoulder Pain & Injuries
– Total Joint Replacement
– Knee Replacement
– Shoulder Replacement
– Independent Medical Evaluations (IME)
Philosophy of Care
When you choose your surgeon wisely, you don’t always need surgery.
What Patients Should Know About Me
I follow the Medical Golden Rule: Treat patients as I would treat my family or myself. My experience allows me to choose the most effective method to help people enjoy life again.
University of Rochester
General Orthopedic Residency
Harvard Combined Orthopedic Residency
Cave Traveling Fellowship
Harvard Orthopedic Program
- Alpha Omega Alpha – Honor Medical Society: University of Rochester, 1979
- Cave Traveling Fellowship – stipend awarded by Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Orthopedic Program, 1984
- Bryce Collier Award: University of Rochester, 1979
- Associate Clinical Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery: University of Utah, Salt Lake City UT – 1985-2000
- Chief Orthopedic Teaching Service: Salt Lake Regional Medical Center, Salt Lake City UT – 1990-99
- Chairman, Department of Orthopedics: Alta View Hospital – 1989-99; 1994-95; 2001-02
- Chairman, department of Orthopedics and Neurosurgery: Salt Lake Regional Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT – 1995-97
- Top Surgeon in US 2008 and Patients Choice Award 2009, 2010
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.
Written by Dr. Craig Westin