Craig S. Williams, MD
Highland Park Physician Offices
1919 Skokie Valley Road
Highland Park, IL 60035
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- Highland Park Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
- Illinois Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Surgery Center
- Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital
- Skokie Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
Dr. Craig Williams is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with a subspecialty certification in hand surgery. He provides care for traumatic, degenerative, arthritic, and pediatric conditions of the elbow, forearm, wrist, and hand. Dr. Williams also treats compressive neuropathies and performs post-traumatic reconstruction. He provides advanced treatments, including arthroscopy of the wrist, the use of platelet rich plasma to treat tennis elbow and the use of the medication Xiaflex as a non-surgical alternative for treatment of Dupuytren’s disease.
Dr. Williams is an instructor of clinical surgery at the University of Chicago Pritzker School. He is a member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand and the New Millennium Hand Study Group. He is a cyclist and plays hockey weekly. His enjoyment of these activities gives him an added appreciation of the importance of healthy hand and arm function and helps fuel his determination to improve his patients’ conditions.
Additional Areas of Expertise
- Carpal Tunnel
- Tennis Elbow
- Nerve Injuries
- Microsurgical Reconstruction
- Tendon Reconstruction
- Independent Medical Evaluations (IME)
Philosophy of Care
My practice philosophy is to evaluate each patient individually, and to understand their unique needs and concerns. I believe it is essential for me to educate my patients regarding their disease process, as well as the rationale behind available treatment options. Together with each patient I seek to establish a treatment plan which meets their specific needs.
Northwestern University Medical School
Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center
Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard University
- Phi Beta Kappa – Union College
- National Honor Society
- New York State Regents Scholarship
- Orthopaedic Resident of the Year, Lutheran General Hospital, Park Ridge, IL – 1989
- National Science Foundation Industrial Undergraduate Research Fellowship
- Clinical Instructor, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, 1991-1992
- Assistant Professor, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ. 1992-1995
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 1995
- Chief Resident, VA Lakeside Medical Center – 1991
Curriculum VitaeSee my Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.