Current Job Openings
We’re hiring! Take the next step in your career and join our team.
Browse IBJI’s current administrative and clinical job opportunities.
Directs and oversees all functions of the organization’s billing and revenue cycle to maximize revenue and optimize the patient’s financial experience. The Director of Revenue Cycle will contribute to the day-to-day operations on all issues related to the revenue cycle function, provide analysis, create written processes and train others in implementing a cross functional revenue cycle team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews, designs, and implements processes surrounding registration, authorization/pre-certification, coding, compliance, collections to ensure the revenue cycle is effective and run efficiently.
- Implements and monitors collection procedures, minimizing contractual and bad debt write offs, and maximizing cash collections
- Tracks numerous metrics related to the revenue cycle including coding error rates, denials, accounts receivable to develop sound revenue cycle analysis and reporting
- Monitors analytical data of revenue cycle to be proactive in operations.
- Performs ongoing trend analysis of third party payer rejects and denials. Develops training programs for registration, billing, and coding staff to eliminate/reduce rejects/denials
- Monitors and ensures adherence to payer guidelines and regulatory compliance.
- Manages payer and specialty contracts to ensure contract compliance
- Performs ongoing trend analysis on third party payer payments to ensure reimbursement is in accordance with allowable amounts stated in agreements and contracts. Works with appropriate individuals to resolve discrepancies
- Develops policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure
- Champions revenue cycle improvements throughout the organization including working with appropriate individuals to aid the resolution of identified revenue cycle issues.
- Provides direction and leadership within the reimbursement, coding & compliance departments of revenue cycle
- Provides financial support and analysis to physician practices through communication and education.
- Meets with practices/individuals to review specific coding and collection issues
- Actively participates in staff development and assessments to support industry best practice
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Certified coder preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of medical billing experience. Minimum of three years in a supervisory role
- Knowledge of professional fee billing, reimbursement and third party payer regulations and medical terminology is required
- Knowledge of all regulatory reimbursement and insurance related requirements
- Strong working knowledge of medical terminology, CPT, HCPCS, ICD9 and ICD10
- A systematic approach to problem solving for all types of issues
- Strong skills in fostering working relationships
- Detail oriented; organized; sets priorities; meets deadlines
- Advanced skills in computer programs, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Effective and clear oral and written communication skills with individuals and groups
- Reports to Director of Administrative and Clinical Services
Interested Candidates Contact:
- Lisa Jensen, Director of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Athletic Trainer/Clinical Assistant to join an innovative, growth-oriented musculoskeletal practice that has earned a reputation for excellence and is highly respected by their colleagues, patients and the community.
Illinois Bone & Joint Institute, LLC Chicagoland’s premier orthopaedic medical practice with several Chicago and NW Suburban locations, has a full time Athletic Trainer/Clinical Medical Assistant opening for the Near North Division.
This position will help support one of our orthopaedic surgeons in a clinical practice environment.
Requirements: Candidates must have previous healthcare experience; previous orthopaedic experience preferred. Bachelor’s degree, current certification/licensure, and a basic knowledge of computers and office equipment is required.
Must be available to work a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the practice.
Position Highlights: Excellent opportunity to work with an established team of professionals who take pride in their work and have a strong work ethic.