Illinois Bone & Joint Institute, LLC, (IBJI) Chicagoland’s premier orthopedic medical practice with several Chicago and NW suburban locations, has a full-time Patient Service Representative opening in our McHenry clinic.
Join our growing and dynamic practice as we seek energetic team players to strengthen our clinical team. If you are someone who enjoys a collaborative environment where staff contributions are appreciated and challenges are met through management/staff cooperation, we would very much like to meet you.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Will work closely with the clinical team to provide the best possible service and care to our patients
- Responsible for greeting each patient or visitor to IBJI with a smile and an attitude of helpfulness
- Handling high volume of calls and appointment setting and insurance verification
- Responsible for receiving the patient, providing them with appropriate paperwork, receiving documentation and co-pays from the patient and preparing the chart for the doctor
- Collecting necessary paperwork and setting up follow-up appointments, answering inquiries, providing ancillary services information, etc.
- Additional reception desk duties may include input of demographic and insurance information, answering general inquiries, keeping the waiting room presentable
- Previous reception, call center or customer service experience in a medical office setting
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Must be a team player
IBJI offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including generous PTO accruals, medical, life and disability insurance, as well as 401k/profit sharing.
Illinois Bone & Joint Institute, LLC (IBJI), Chicagoland’s premier orthopaedic medical practice with several Chicago and NW suburban locations, has a full-time Patient Services Representative opening in our Park Ridge location.
With a Customer Service Orientation, Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for greeting patients in a warm and inviting manner
- Responsible for meeting with the patient during the check-in process, which includes complete registration of the patient, input of demographic and insurance information, scanning of insurance cards, and other required documentation
- Responsible for collecting co-payments upon arrival
- Responsible for meeting with the patient during the check-out process, which includes scheduling follow up appointments, facilitate referral requests, precertification for and scheduling of outside testing, and assist with any questions patients might have prior to leaving the office
- Responsible for scheduling appointments according to physicians’ protocols
- Responsible for handling telephone calls
- Responsible for running schedule reports to prepare for next day Will work closely with physicians, clinical staff, and other members of your team
- Previous experience in a medical office a plus, however, willing to train the right candidate
- Ability to perform multiple and diverse tasks simultaneously
- Comfortable using practice management and electronic health record software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a team player
- Understands and complies with HIPAA laws and regulations
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent
IBJI offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including generous PTO accruals, medical, life and disability insurance, as well as 401k and profit sharing.
Why Work Here?
“Opportunity to work with a great team of professionals who are dedicated to providing quality patient care.”
Illinois Bone & Joint Institute’s Physical Therapy/Rehabilitation area has several full time openings for Patient Services Representatives at the following locations; Glenview, Morton Grove, Park Ridge, Joliet and Bradley, IL.
We are looking for professional, positive, engaging and personable team members to join our Rehabilitation Services Administrative Team at IBJI.
- Medical Office experience required
- FAST PACED environment – energetic and memorable team players wanted!
- Professionalism is a MUST!
- Candidates must have a proven track record of great customer service and team support while adding positively to their work environment. Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment with a high volume of public interaction
- Available to work any shift between 6:30 am and 8:00 pm. Monday through Friday, no weekends
- Face to face and over the phone patient contact as it relates to scheduling requests, collecting patient balances and communicating insurance benefits
- Capable of navigating multiple software platforms. Tech savvy is a must!
- Manage heavy phone reception, scanning, faxing and other clerical duties
- Provide daily support to management and staff as needed
- Full time
Interested Candidates Contact: Rose Nowacki at email@example.com
The Benefits Specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability and 401k/profit sharing plan.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in order to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information
- Assists with new-hire orientations
- Performs quality checks of benefits-related data
- Assists employees regarding benefits claims issues and plan changes
- Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility
- Enrolls employees with carriers and process status changes
- Responds to benefits inquiries from employees and physicians on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries
- Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities
- Responds to 401k inquiries from employees and physicians relating to enrollments, plan changes and contribution amounts
- Assists with the open enrollment process
- Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable laws
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field of study
- Two years’ experience in HR and/or benefits administration
IBJI offers a competitive compensation package including health, dental, life and disability insurance. We provide a generous PTO package along with a 401k/profit sharing plan.
Illinois Bone & Joint Institute (IBJI) is currently seeking a Site Operations Director to join our innovative, growth-oriented orthopaedic and rheumatology practice, which has earned a reputation for excellence and is highly respected by their colleagues, patients and the community. This key position will be responsible for the management and daily operations of the Glenview/Wilmette sites. The Site Operations Director will be instrumental in ensuring high quality, efficient patient care.
- Oversee all office processes to create an exceptional patient experience, efficient workflow, and productive environment.
- Provide direct supervision to non-clinical, support staff, ensuring optimal patient flow and high clinical quality.
- Work closely with the Clinical Manager and Physicians to ensure friendly, safe, competent, efficient and accurate operations.
- Provide a consistent example of cooperative leadership and mentors subordinates to achieve their full potential.
- Oversee regionally managed functions and assist as needed.
- Ensure site processes are compliant with OSHA, insurers’ requirements, and other government programs.
- Provide regular educational opportunities to staff in the form of meetings and other avenues as appropriate.
- Foster a positive, supportive culture in alignment with OneIBJI principles.
- 5 years or more management/supervisory experience; background in healthcare and/or large physician private practice preferred; surgical/orthopaedics experience desirable.
- High school graduate required; Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Strong understanding of business data and analytics of Key Performance Indicators
- Proficiency with electronic medical record required.
- Knowledge of medical insurance carriers a plus.
- Strong leadership, team engagement, analytical and problem-solving skills
OAK Orthopedics, a division of Illinois Bone & Joint Institute, is a leader in comprehensive orthopedic services with nationally recognized doctors and sports medicine doctors that serve professional athletes. We have four convenient locations in Bradley, Frankfort, New Lenox, and Watseka and are dedicated to serving the community with the most advanced orthopedic care.
The front desk is responsible for greeting patients, verifying demographic and insurance information, collecting outstanding balances, and ensuring our environment is welcoming, calm and professional to our patients and families. This position is at our Frankfort location with some days at our New Lenox location.
- Greets patients, vendors, pharmaceutical reps and other visitors to our practice.
- Checks in all patients for appointments, ensuring all demographic and insurance information is correct in the medical record
- Distributes all required forms and paperwork to the patient and then reviews for accuracy
- Collects outstanding balances according to established polices and procedures
- Posts charges and payments directly related to front desk functions
- Works collaboratively with all other departments to ensure a positive patient experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working Knowledge of common office computer programs including but not limited to Word, Excel, the Internet
- General understanding of insurance benefits
- ability to educate patient regarding the content of the forms they are completed and our expectations regarding the financial polices of the organization.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and assertively while demonstrating compassion and empathy for the patient’s individual situations.
Previous medical practice experience preferred
Hours would include evenings and Saturdays
Job Type: Part-time
Description: The Pre-Authorization Specialist is a member of the Surgical Scheduling Department who is responsible for verifying eligibility, obtaining insurance benefits and ensuring pre-certification, authorization, and referral requirements are met prior to the service being rendered. Services included are MRIs, CT scans, ultrasounds, Dexascans, physical and occupational therapy, a range of Visco supplement injections, and DME including custom orthotics.
The Pre-Authorization Specialist provides detailed and timely communication to both payers and third-party reviewers to comply with payer contractual requirements and is responsible for documenting the appropriate information in the patient’s record.
Job Requirements: Experience—
- Minimum of 1 year experience with pre-authorization or insurance verification with knowledge of health insurance plans including Medicare, Medicaid, HMO’s, PPO’s and Worker’s Compensation required.
- Prior experience in a medical office position with communication between all staff and patients.
- High School Diploma.
- Exceptional customer relations skilled required.
- Knowledge of on-line insurance eligibility tools.
- Excellent typing and computer skills.
- Familiar with medical terminology.
- Demonstrate strong organization skills to maintain accuracy and productivity.
- Verifies insurance eligibility and benefit levels to ensure coverage for services.
- Responsible for verification and investigation of pre-certifications, authorization and referral requirements for services.
- Collaborates with designated clinical contacts regarding encounters that require escalation to peer-to-peer review.
- Appropriately prioritizes workload to ensure the most urgent services are handled in a timely manner.
- Ensures timely and accurate insurance authorizations are in place prior to services being rendered.
- Follows departmental policies and procedures when necessary authorization is not obtained.
- Answers provider, staff, and patient questions surrounding insurance authorization requirements.
Salary based on experience
Description: The Practice Management Support Specialist will serve as a resource for all Revenue Cycle PM Systems support for such systems as Allscripts PM, Centricity, and E-Clinical Works applications and their support functions. Position would be responsible for working with application vendors to manage open support tickets and support other web-based applications necessary for Illinois Bone & Joint Institute, LLC operational functions and needs. Reports directly to Revenue Cycle Manager.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Assure all calls to the Practice Management Support team are responded to expeditiously
- Manage and/or work all requests sent and respond to IBJI staff in a timely manner
- Create and follow-up on all PM System and technical related support tickets
- Work with IBJI Operations on troubleshooting issues
- Provide status and follow-up to Revenue Cycle Manager on all pending support tickets and issues
- Work with other team members on special projects, and be a part of new technology developments and implementation teams
- Work with third party vendors on interface issues
- High School graduate or equivalent required, some college preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite a must
- Technical Certifications (A++, Networking etc.) a plus
- Minimum of 1-2 years on the job customer service experience preferred
- Healthcare experience preferred, physician office experience a plus
- A track record of establishing and maintaining positive and accountable relationships preferred
- Experience working with outside technical vendors and clients preferred
- Familiarity with database & application management, experience a plus
- Experience assisting users with hardware/software issues remotely and on-site a plus
- Strong investigational and organizational skills a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must
Illinois Bone & Joint Institute, LLC. (IBJI), Chicagoland’s premier orthopaedic medical practice with several Chicago and NW suburban locations, has a full time opening for a Medical Secretary/CMA at its office in Libertyville.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule appointments for office visits, surgeries, diagnostic tests, attorneys (depositions), meetings, IME’s and others in an efficient and timely manner.
- Verify insurance benefits, pre-certify procedures, and provide data needed by third parties to ensure patient services are reimbursed per fee schedule.
- Prepare patient charts for office visits with all patient medical test results, operative reports, and/or other documentation pertinent to the patient visit.
- Triaging and responding to patient phone calls, including pre and post-operative surgical patients
- Coordinating patient care information with other health care providers.
- Documenting information in patient records.
- Gathering and managing necessary documents (i.e. medical record, test results).
- 2-3 years of relevant medical experience
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of a changing scheduling environment and accommodate the needs of the practice.
- Must be a Certified Medical Assistant
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing to document/record information.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work well and communicate professionally with physicians, patients and staff in all levels of the organization. Able to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Capable of prioritizing and organizing information to achieve a smooth flow of tasks.
- Able to utilize electronic medical records in an efficient manner.
IBJI offers excellent compensation and benefits package including generous PTO accruals, medical, life and disability insurance, as well as 401K and profit sharing.
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Medical Assistant to join an innovative, growth-oriented musculoskeletal practice that has earned a reputation for excellence and is highly respected by their colleagues, patients and the community.
Requirements: Current certification as a Medical Assistant (CMA/RMA) or other certification/license (ex. LPN, EMT, CNA) and 1 -2 years previous experience required.
Experience with electronic medical record. Must be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the practice. Monday thru Friday, day shift schedule.
Position Highlights: Excellent opportunity to work with an established team of professionals who take pride in their work and have a strong work ethic.
Illinois Bone & Joint Institute – Arlington Heights has immediate opening for a full time Secretary/Appointment Scheduler. Duties would include scheduling patient appointments, coordinating doctor/patient schedules, plus other varied duties. Excellent communication skills with doctors, patients, hospital and all other ancillary personnel required.
Must have proficiency in a PM and EMR system. Medical background necessary but will train in orthopaedics. Hours are Monday-Friday 8:30 AM-5:00 PM. We provide an excellent benefit package. Salary commensurate with experience. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Illinois Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Surgery Center, an ambulatory surgery center located in Morton Grove, is currently recruiting a Part-Time Nursing Assistant. Candidates should possess some current experience working with orthopedic surgery patients in either an ambulatory surgery center or hospital setting. Certification preferred. Shift begins at 5:30AM. No PMs, nights or weekends.
Interested candidates should fax (847-213-5499) or e-mail (email@example.com) a current resume and cover letter. EOE
OAK Orthopedics, a division of Illinois Bone & Joint Institute, is a leader in comprehensive orthopedic services with nationally recognized doctors and sports medicine doctors that serve professional athletes. We have three convenient locations in Bradley, Frankfort, Watseka, and New Lenox and are dedicated to serving the community with the most advanced orthopedic care.
The Staff Nurse will be asked to travel to other locations. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform orthopedic office procedures/injections under supervision of physician or physician assistant.
- During surgical procedures, the clinic RN/LPN will transcribe medical information into the EMR as indicated by the physician.
- Assist physician in patient exam rooms.
- Escort patients to exam rooms, interview patients, measure vital signs, including height, weight, blood pressure, and document all information in EMR system.
- Provides pre-procedure education to patients as instructed by physician.
- Educates patient/family about diagnostic procedures, pre-operative and post-operative care.
- Ensure all related reports, labs, and information is filed and available in patient’s medical record.
- Keep exam room stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, prepare sterilization as required
- Processes correspondence, answers and screens telephone calls, takes messages, and provides information.
- Obtains, verifies, and updates patient information. Provides support services to patients.
- Requests, locates, sends, and receives patient medical records.
- Schedules surgeries and procedures with local facilities.
- Assists in preparing patient charts for clinical days.
- Schedules patient appointments and procedures according to established protocols.
- RN or LPN license required
- Skill in organizational matters including time management, prioritization, and multitasking.
- Skill in managing accountability in practice setting.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Varied activities including standing, walking, reaching, bending and lifting. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Must be able to use a variety of office equipment. Occasionally lifting and carrying files up to 50 pounds. May require working under stressful conditions.
- No holidays
- Normal office and exam room environment. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. Employee will need to travel to other locations.
- This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge skills, abilities and working conditions may change as need arises.
Job Type: Full-time