Alfonso Bello, MD
Alfonso E. Bello, MD
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- Evanston Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
- Glenbrook Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
- Highland Park Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
- Skokie Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
BiographyDr. Alfonso Bello is a board-certified rheumatologist with an additional board certification in pain medicine. He provides care for arthritis, osteoporosis and inflammatory diseases. Dr. Bello provides advanced treatments, including the latest forms of chemotherapy, immunotherapy and biologic therapies. He puts particular emphasis on strategies to control patients’ pain, whatever the cause may be. He takes a holistic approach that combines medication with physical therapy, nutritional therapy and other treatments. His goal is to put patients’ illnesses into remission and to restore their quality of life. Dr. Bello is the director of rheumatologic research at IBJI. He and his fellow IBJI rheumatologists are conducting multiple clinical trials of new medications, providing patients with the opportunity to take part in these studies and be treated with promising new therapies. He is an expert in osteoarthritis treatment guidelines and lectures internationally to physician and pharmaceutical industry groups. Dr. Bello is also a former commander in the U.S. Public Health Service assigned to the U.S. Coast Guard.
Additional Areas of Expertise
University of Illinois, College of Medicine
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
Lutheran General Hospital
Duke University Medical Center, Durham NC
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Fellow, American College of Rheumatology
- American College of Rheumatology Scholar Award
- American College of Rheumatology Traveling Student Award
- University of Chicago Distinguished Resident Teaching Award
- Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine,University of Illinois College of Medicine, Chicago IL
- Adjunct Associate Professor of Family Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL; 2007 -2009
- Consulting Associate, Duke University Medical Center, Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Durham NC
- Director of Clinical Research, IBJI Rheumatology
- Former Chief, Section of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Chicago IL
- Chief Medical Officer, Integrated Medical Affairs, Inc., Glenview IL
Curriculum VitaeSee my Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.
"Dr. Bello Intro".
"Dr. Bello - WGN radio". Released: 2018.