- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
- Geneva Surgical Suites, LLC
Areas of Expertise
- Spinal Injection Therapy
- Spine and Back Care
- Sports Medicine
- Peripheral Nerve Testing (EMG/NCV) & Management
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Independent Medical Evaluations (IME)
Dr. David Schneider grew up outside Detroit, Michigan. After completing his medical education and serving as an Undersea Medical Officer in the Navy, he finished his residency and fellowship. Currently, Dr. Schneider sees a variety of patients with bone, tendon, muscle, joint, and brain diseases. As a physiatrist, he works in partnership with the orthopedic surgeons of Illinois Bone & Joint Institute to meet the diverse needs of patients.
His special interests include treating patients with sports and spine problems. He is a member of various organizations, including the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, the American Association of Neuroelectrodiagnostic Medicine, the National Osteoporosis Foundation, the International Spine Intervention Society, and the Illinois Association of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (ISPMR), where he served as President from 2002-2004. Dr. Schneider serves on various committees for these organizations and at Good Shepherd Hospital.
Dr. Schneider has two children. He enjoys family time with his daughters. His other interests include running and scuba diving.
I enjoy patients who take an active interest and participate in their physical and mental well being."David Schneider, DO
Michigan State University
Sparrow Hospital- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Loyola University Medical Center- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Private Practice- Sports and Spine Medicine
- Schneider D: Lateral Sural Cutaneous Neuropathy. PM&R. 2010
- Cummins C; Schneider D: Peripheral Nerve Injuries in baseball Players. Neurological Clinics. 2008; 26: 195-215.
- Frank L; Schneider D; Zuhosky J: Anatomic and technical considerations in needle electromyography of the lumbar spine. Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinics of North America. 1998; 9: 897-813.
- Frank L; Lagattuta F; Schneider D; Zuhosky J: Back Pain in a Football Player. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 1998; 30: S261.
- Zuhosky J; Schneider D; Frank L; Lagatutta F: Back Pain in a Volleyball Player.Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 1998; 30: S262.
- Lagatutta F; Zuhosky J; Schneider D; Frank L: Costal Chondral Joint Injury in a Gymnast. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 1998; 30: S186.
- Schneider, D; Zuhosky J; Frank L; Lagattuta, F: Bilateral Forearm and Hand Pain in a Weightlifter. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 1998; 30: S94.
- Bagchi N; Brown T; Schneider D; Banerjee S: Effect of Amiodarone on Rat Heart Myosin Isoenzymes. Circulation Research. 1985; 60: 621-625.
- Lagattuta, F; Hudoba, P; Schneider, D; Zuhosky, J: Incidence and Prevention of Osteoporosis in Females Taking Hormone Replacement Therapy. North American Spine Society’s 14th Annual Meeting. 1999.
- Cervical Spine Disorders. Health South’s Medical Lecture Series.
- The Diagnosis and Treatment of Osteoarthritis. Good Shepherd Hospital.
- Schneider, D; Zuhosky J; Frank L; Lagattuta, F: Bilateral Forearm and Hand Pain in a Weightlifter. American College of Sports Medicine’s 45th Annual Meeting. 1998.
- Nonsurgical Management of Spine Injuries. Barrington Rehabilitation.
- Common Upper Extremity Problems. Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital.
- Rao N; Pasimio E; Smith R; Schneider D: Functional Balance in Patients with Deep White Matter Lesions. Presented at the 59th Annual Assembly of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 1997.
- Elected into the “Guide to America’s Top Physicians” by the Consumers’ Research Council of American, 2003
- Health Professions Scholarship Program, United States Navy, 1987-1990
- 2008-present Member on Mini Monograph Committee, AANEM
- 2006-presentAmbulatory Care Committee, Good Shepherd Hospital
- 1995-present Diver’s Alert Network Referral Physician
- 2006 Article Reviewer, Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- 2003-2005 Past President, Illinois Society of PM&R
- 2003-2005 President, Illinois Society of PM&R
- 2001-2003 Vice President, Illinois Society of PM&R
- 2001-2002 Team Physician, Crown Dundee High School
- 1997 Team Physician, Dupage Valley High School Football Conference
- 1996-1997 Resident Selection Committee, American Academy of PM&R Residency
- 1996-1997 Graduate Medical Education Committee, American Academy of PM&R Residency
- 1995-1996 Organized Introductory SCUBA Course for SCI Individuals
- 1994-1998 Lieutenant Commander, United States Naval Reserves
View Dr. Schneider's Media
Dr. Schneider as heard on WGN radio "Stay in the Game."
"My spine has been in pain since October 2020. I think Dr. Schneider will help me get free from pain. He understands I have a hearing problem and lets my husband help me know what is being said. Thank you Dr. Schneider." – Gerry B.
"Dr. Schneider is the best."