Jason Ghodasra, MD
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- AMITA Health Saint Joseph Medical Center Joliet
- Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Salt Creek Surgery Center
- Silver Cross Hospital
- Silver Cross Surgery Center
Areas of Expertise
- Hand, Wrist, Elbow & Microvascular Surgery
- Compression Neuropathy (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome & Cubital Tunnel Syndrome)
- Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release
- Complex Trauma of the Hand, Wrist & Elbow
- Elbow & Wrist Arthroscopy
- Elbow Contractures, Instability & Reconstruction
- Nerve Injury & Reconstruction, including Tendon Transfer
- Osteoarthritis & Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Upper Extremity
- Management of Sports & Work Injuries
Dr. Jason Ghodasra attended Duke University, where he was inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society and graduated Magna Cum Laude. He received the Jerold A. Lein Endowed Scholarship to attend medical school at Northwestern University, graduating with distinction and completing a M.D./M.S.C.I. dual degree (Medical Degree and Master of Science in Clinical Investigation). He completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at UCLA where he was elected and served as the Chief Resident in his final year. Dr. Ghodasra also completed a hand and upper extremity surgery fellowship in Baltimore, Maryland at the world-renowned Curtis National Hand Center.
Dr. Ghodasra has published over 20 peer-reviewed articles in orthopaedic and medical journals and given over 50 national and international presentations, covering topics including the use of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and stem cells in orthopaedic surgery. He is passionate about being at the cutting edge of orthopaedic research and takes great pride in providing his patients with the most advanced orthopaedic care. Dr. Ghodasra utilizes non-surgical treatments as well as minimally invasive surgery, including endoscopic carpal tunnel release and arthroscopic surgery.
He has traveled on medical mission trips to underserved communities and recently provided free orthopaedic care in the Dominican Republic and Ethiopia. He belongs to several professional organizations including the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, and the American Association for Hand Surgery. He was also selected to become a member of the American Orthopaedic Association Emerging Leaders Forum.
In his free time, Dr. Ghodasra loves trying new Chicago restaurants, watching football and college basketball, playing tennis, and skiing.
Bachelor of Science
Duke University, Durham, NC
Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA - Orthopaedic Surgery
The Curtis National Hand Center, Baltimore, MD - Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
Affiliations and Associations
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Society of Surgery of the Hand (ASSH)
- American Association for Hand Surgery (AAHS)