John H. Lyon, MD
Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
Management of Osteolysis in Total Knee Arthoplasty. John Lyon, M.D., Joshua Jacobs, M.D., Aaron Rosenberg, M.D. Book Chapter, Publication pending, 2003
Effect of Polymethylmethcrylate Precoating on the Fixation of Roughened Cemented Femoral Component with a Rectangular Geometry. Kirk Aadlen, M.D, John Lyon, M.D., Sohail Houssain, Joshua Jacobs, M.D., Jorge Galante, M.D. Richard Wixson, M.D.
Poster presentation at American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 2003 Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA.
Problems With Cementless Total Knee Arthroplasty at Eleven Years Follow-up. Richard Berger M.D., John Lyon, M.D., Joshua Jacobs, M.D., Ragina Barden, R.N., Erick Berkson, M.D., Aaron Rosenbert, M.D., Jorge Galante, M.D. Presented at AAHKS 2000, Knee Society presentation 2001, AAOS, Published in Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, December 2001.
The Utility of Follow-up Radiographs in the Management of Pediatric Distal Forearm Torus Fractures. John Lyon, M.D., Jafer Ali, B.A., John J. Grayhack, M.D., John Sarwack, M.D. Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Children’s Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois.
AAOS Annual Meeting 2001 – podium presentation. Northwestern Orthopaedic Alumni Thesis Day 2000-paper and podium presentation
Knee Arthroplasty: A Review of Contemporary Designs and Clinical Results. John Lyon, M.D. and Steven Stern, M.D. Review article 1999
In-Vitro Influence of Surfactant on Cell Membrane Permeability Induced by Gamma Irradiation. John Lyon, B.A. and Raphael C. Lee, M.D., ScD., University of Chicago Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Abstract in: The University of Chicago Cancer Research Center Scientific Report: 1991-92
Effect of Constant Tensile Force on Collagenase Activity in Febroblast-Populated Collagen Matrices (Undergraduate Honors Thesis) Raphael C. Lee, M.D., ScD., University of Chicago Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Undergraduate Honors Research Forum-poster presentation 1991
In-Situ Strain of the Medial Collateral Ligament. Savio L-Y Woo, Ph.D., University of California, San Diego, Department of Biomedical Engineering 1987
- Leonard Marmor Surgical Arthritis Foundation Award for outstanding research contributions in total joint arthroplasty, 2001
- Best fellowship presentation, Rush Orthopaedic Thesis Day, 2001
- General Honors, University of Chicago, 1991
- Honors in Biology, Department of Biological Science, 1991
- Morton-Murphy Award for Outstanding Contribution to Extracurricular Activity, 1991
- Elected to Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society, 1991
- Dean’s List, 1988–91
- Division Director of Total Hip Replacement Surgery, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, April 2011 – present
- Board Member, Advocate Lutheran General PHO Board, 2011 – 2013
- Surgical Quality Improvement Project Committee, Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital, 2011–Present
- DVT Committee, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, 2011–Present
- Surgical Case Review Committee, Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital, 2010–Present