Bannockburn Physician Offices
2101 Waukegan Road
Bannockburn, IL 60015
- Illinois Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Surgery Center
BiographyDr. Richard Noren is a board-certified anesthesiologist and pain management specialist. His practice is dedicated to the treatment of pain, particularly back and neck pain, complex regional pain syndromes, other forms of neuropathy and arthritis. He offers the latest in pain management care, including epidural injections, nerve injections, and implantable nerve stimulators to relieve chronic pain. He also provides medical consultations for the insurance industry. Originally an anesthesiologist, he decided to become a pain management specialist because he wanted a more one-on-one, long term relationship with his patients. His current practice is now limited to pain management only. Dr. Noren brings true compassion and empathy when caring for patients. He takes time to listen, understand the condition fully and provide the best, safest treatment plan for each individual. The goal for all of his patients is to help them understand their treatment options, participate in choosing the best plan to relieve their pain, and ultimately improve their ability to function. Dr. Noren enjoys an active lifestyle including skiing, hiking and golf. These activities give him an added appreciation of the importance of healthy, pain-free joints and help fuel his determination to improve his patients’ conditions.
Philosophy of Care
Compassionate care isn’t a relationship between the wounded and the healer, but a relationship between equals.
Washington University School of Medicine
Rush Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center
Acute and Chronic Pain Management
- Top Doctors in America U.S. News: 2011
- Top Pain Management Specialist, Chicago Metropolitan Area, Castle-Connelly Aware: 2009, 2008, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2001
- MVP Award for Physician Excellence, Advocate Healthcare: 1997-1998
- Top Pain Management Specialist Award, Chicago Metropolitan Area and Midwest Region, Castle-Connelly Award: 2012
- Director, Pain Management Program, Midwest Regional Medical Ctr., Zion IL: 1995-1998
- Director, Palliative Care, Midwest Regional Medical Ctr, Zion IL: 1996-1998
- Medical Director, Pain Clinic, Lutheran General Hospital, Park Ridge IL: 1993-2010
- Medical Director, Functional Restoration Program: 1998-1999
- Assistant Professor, Department of Anesthesia, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA: 1992-1993
- Clinical Faculty, Grady Memorial Hospital, Atlanta GA: 1992-1993
- Clinical Faculty, Center for Pain Medicine, Atlanta GA: 1992-1993
- Clinical Instructor, Health South Back & Neck Institute, Northwestern University School of Medicine, Chicago IL: 1989-1999
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.