- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- Elmhurst Outpatient Surgery Center
- Munster Specialty Surgery Center
- OrthoTec Surgery Center
- Salt Creek Surgery Center
Areas of Expertise
- Shoulder, Knee & Elbow
- Sports Medicine - Adult & Adolescent
- Injured Worker
- Pediatric Injuries of the Knee
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
Dr. Ronak Patel is double board certified in orthopaedic surgery and sports medicine. He specializes in all sports medicine injuries for adolescents and adults, including knee, shoulder and elbow.
With a special interest in complex knee disorders, his goal is to preserve the native joint. Dr. Patel is among the few physicians in Chicago performing advanced cartilage restoration procedures, osteotomies to reduce joint stresses, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injection therapy, and other orthobiologic techniques. He treats ACL injuries, patellar dislocations, meniscal tears, multi-ligamentous knee injuries, and knee arthritis with minimally invasive and arthroscopic techniques. He is also extensively trained in arthroscopic management of shoulder problems, such as impingement, rotator cuff tears, and labral tears.
Dr. Patel trained at Northwestern University and completed his fellowship at the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic, building his expertise in the most innovative orthopaedic procedures. Dr. Patel practices evidence-based sports medicine and believes it is essential to know when ‘not to operate’.
My goal is to spend time with you during your visit, explain your specific problem and the individualized care plan I recommend. I truly believe, the more educated and informed you are about your condition, the better your outcome will be."Ronak M. Patel, MD
M.D., Northwestern University Chicago, IL- Feinberg School of Medicine
Northwestern University Chicago, IL- Feinberg School of Medicine
Cleveland Clinic Cleveland, OH- Orthopaedic Surgery
Affiliations and Associations
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association (MAOA)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)