David Schneider, DO
Barrington Physician Offices
27401 W. Highway 22
Barrington, IL 60010
Lake Barrington Physician Offices
28156 W. Northpointe Pkwy
Lake Barrington, IL 60010
- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
Meet David Schneider
BiographyDr. David Schneider grew up outside Detroit, Michigan. After completing his medical education and serving as an Undersea Medical Officer in the Navy, he finished his residency and fellowship. He joined Lake Cook Orthopedics, a Division of Illinois Bone & Joint Institute in 1998. Currently, Dr. Schneider sees a variety of patients with bone, tendon, muscle, joint, and brain diseases. As a physiatrist, he works in partnership with the orthopedic surgeons at Lake Cook Orthopedics, a Division of Illinois Bone & Joint Institute to meet the diverse needs of patients. His special interests include treating patients with sports and spine problems. He is a member of various organizations, including the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, the American Association of Neuroelectrodiagnostic Medicine, the National Osteoporosis Foundation, the International Spine Intervention Society, and the Illinois Association of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (ISPMR), where he served as President from 2002-2004. Dr. Schneider serves on various committees for these organizations and at Good Shepherd Hospital. He is also the Rehabilitation Director at Lexington Health Care in Lake Zurich. Dr. Schneider has two children. He enjoys family time with his daughters. His other interests include running, and scuba diving.
Additional Areas of Expertise
- Spinal Injection Therapy
- Peripheral Nerve Testing (EMG/NCV) & Management
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
- Independent Medical Evaluations (IME)
Philosophy of Care
I enjoy patients who take an active interest and participate in their physical and mental well being.
Michigan State University
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Loyola University Medical Center
Sports and Spine Medicine
Research and Publications
- Schneider D: Lateral Sural Cutaneous Neuropathy. PM&R. 2010
- Cummins C; Schneider D: Peripheral Nerve Injuries in baseball Players. Neurological Clinics. 2008; 26: 195-215.
- Frank L; Schneider D; Zuhosky J: Anatomic and technical considerations in needle electromyography of the lumbar spine. Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinics of North America. 1998; 9: 897-813.
- Frank L; Lagattuta F; Schneider D; Zuhosky J: Back Pain in a Football Player. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 1998; 30: S261.
- Zuhosky J; Schneider D; Frank L; Lagatutta F: Back Pain in a Volleyball Player.Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 1998; 30: S262.
- Lagatutta F; Zuhosky J; Schneider D; Frank L: Costal Chondral Joint Injury in a Gymnast. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 1998; 30: S186.
- Schneider, D; Zuhosky J; Frank L; Lagattuta, F: Bilateral Forearm and Hand Pain in a Weightlifter. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. 1998; 30: S94.
- Bagchi N; Brown T; Schneider D; Banerjee S: Effect of Amiodarone on Rat Heart Myosin Isoenzymes. Circulation Research. 1985; 60: 621-625.
- Lagattuta, F; Hudoba, P; Schneider, D; Zuhosky, J: Incidence and Prevention of Osteoporosis in Females Taking Hormone Replacement Therapy. North American Spine Society’s 14th Annual Meeting. 1999.
- Cervical Spine Disorders. Health South’s Medical Lecture Series.
- The Diagnosis and Treatment of Osteoarthritis. Good Shepherd Hospital.
- Schneider, D; Zuhosky J; Frank L; Lagattuta, F: Bilateral Forearm and Hand Pain in a Weightlifter. American College of Sports Medicine’s 45th Annual Meeting. 1998.
- Nonsurgical Management of Spine Injuries. Barrington Rehabilitation.
- Common Upper Extremity Problems. Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital.
- Rao N; Pasimio E; Smith R; Schneider D: Functional Balance in Patients with Deep White Matter Lesions. Presented at the 59th Annual Assembly of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 1997.
- Elected into the “Guide to America’s Top Physicians” by the Consumers’ Research Council of American, 2003
- Health Professions Scholarship Program, United States Navy, 1987-1990
- 2008-present Member on Mini Monograph Committee, AANEM
- 2003-present Team Physician, Lake Zurich High School
- 2006-presentAmbulatory Care Committee, Good Shepherd Hospital
- 1995-present Diver’s Alert Network Referral Physician
- 2006 Article Reviewer, Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- 2003-2005 Past President, Illinois Society of PM&R
- 2003-2005 President, Illinois Society of PM&R
- 2001-2003 Vice President, Illinois Society of PM&R
- 2001-2002 Team Physician, Crown Dundee High School
- 1997 Team Physician, Dupage Valley High School Football Conference
- 1996-1997 Resident Selection Committee, American Academy of PM&R Residency
- 1996-1997 Graduate Medical Education Committee, American Academy of PM&R Residency
- 1995-1996 Organized Introductory SCUBA Course for SCI Individuals
- 1994-1998 Lieutenant Commander, United States Naval Reserves
Visit My Websitehttp://lakecookortho.com/physician/david-s-schneider-do-sc/
Curriculum VitaeSee my Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.
Dr. Schneider as heard on WGN radio "Stay in the Game." Released: 2019.