Lake Bluff Physician Offices
101 Waukegan Rd
Lake Bluff, IL 60044
- Advocate Condell Medical Center
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- Hawthorn Surgical Center
- Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital
BiographyDr. Brian Schwartz is a board eligible orthopedic surgeon, fellowship trained in Total Joint Arthroplasty. His focus is on the preservation and reconstruction of the musculoskeletal system, specifically the hip and knee. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, then attained his Doctor of Medicine at the University of Illinois College of Medicine. Dr. Schwartz then went on to an orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Illinois and completed his training with a fellowship in Total Joint Arthroplasty at Brigham and Women’s Hospital at Harvard University in Boston. Dr. Schwartz is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, has served as a lecturer and editor at the American Physician Institute in Chicago, and has had numerous papers published in such professional journals as the Journal of Arthroplasty, American Journal of Sports Medicine and International Orthopaedics. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with family, basketball, cycling, skiing, golf, traveling, chess and science fiction movies.
Additional Areas of Expertise
- Joint Replacement Revisions
- Hip & Knee Arthroscopy
- Direct Anterior Approach Hip Replacement
- Hip Resurfacing
- Unicompartmental or Partial Knee Replacement
Philosophy of Care
A strong patient physician relationship starts by putting the patient’s best interests first.
University of Illinois College of Medicine
University of Illinois
Total Joint Arthroplasty
Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard University
- Leonard Weinsten Award for Excellence in Patient Care, University of Illinois Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2016
- Robert D. Ray Award for Basic Science Orthopaedic Research, University of Illinois Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2016
- Best Poster in Practice Management – AAOS 2016 Annual Meeting, Is Aspirin Enough? Rate of Asymptomatic and Symptomatic DVT and PE After Total Joint Arthroplasty; Orlando, FL, 2016
- Chief Resident, University of Illinois Orthopaedic Surgery Residency; Chicago, IL, 2015
- First Place Award – University of Illinois College of Medicine Research Forum, Patient Characteristics Affect Anatomic Location Of The Femoral Artery About The Hip; Chicago, IL, 2015
- Vice President – Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, Alpha Chapter, Elected Junior Year; Chicago, IL, 2010
Curriculum VitaeSee my Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.
Dr. Schwartz & OrthoSync