Tom Antkowiak, MD, MS
Orthopedic Surgeon with Fellowship Training in Sports Medicine and Arthroscopic Surgery
- Orthopedic Surgery
Languages: French, Polish, Spanish
- Antkowiak T, Ferkel R, Sullivan M, Kreulen C, Giza E, Whitlow S. (2014) Rehabilitation After Cartilage Reconstruction. Chapter 16. Talar Osteochondral Defects.
- Amanatullah D, Antkowiak T, Pillay K, Refaat M, Patel J, and Jamali A. (2012) Femoroacetabular Impingement: Current Concepts in Diagnosis, Part I. American Journal of Orthopedics.
- Amanatullah D, Antkowiak T, Pillay K, Refaat M, Patel J, and Jamali A. (2012) Femoroacetabular Impingement: Current Concepts in Treatment, Part II. American Journal of Orthopedics.
- Antkowiak T, Polage C, Wiedeman J, Meehan J, Jamali A. (2011) Chondrolysis of the tibial plateau caused by articular aspergillosis after ACL autograft reconstruction managed with a fresh osteochondral allograft. A Case Report. The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. 93:e124, p 1-6.
- Calafi L, Antkowiak T, Curtiss S, Neu C, Moehring D. (2010) A biomechanical comparison of the surgical implant generation network (SIGN) tibial nail with the standard hollow nail. Injury.41:7, p 753-757.
- Javed A, Barnes G, Pratap J, Antkowiak T, Gerstenfeld L, van Wijnen A, Stein J, Lian J, Stein G. (2005) Impaired intranuclear trafficking of runx2 (AML3/CBFA1) transcription factors in breast cancer cells inhibits osteolysis in vivo. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science. 102:5, p 1454-1459.
- Antkowiak T and Chase R. (2003) Sensory innervation in the snail Helix aspersa. The Journalof Experimental Biology. 206, p 3913-3921.
Posters and Presentations:
- Antkowiak T, Guanche C, Altbuch T. (2014) Fascia Iliaca Compartment Block For Hip Arthroscopy: A Double Blind, Randomized, Controlled Trial. Paper #8 – ISHA Annual Scientific Meeting 2014
- Antkowiak T, Carlson M, Larsen N, Applegate G, Ferkel R. (2014) Arthroscopic Treatment of Osteochondral Lesions of the Talus in Children: A Minimum Two-year follow up. American Academy of Orthopedics Surgery. Podium Presentation.
- Antkowiak T, Jamali A. (2012) Acetabular Labral Tears and cartilage injury; Assessing the diagnostic accuracy of pre operative MRI. Presentation; University of California Davis Research Symposium
- Snow KD; Klineberg EO; Haudenschild DR; Christiansen BA, Antkowiak T; Acharya C; Maitra S; Gupta (2012) The effect of noggin interference in a rabbit posterolateral spinal fusion model. Presentation. Orthopaedic Research Society.
- Antkowiak T, Moehring D, Calafi L, Neu C. (2009) Biomechanical evaluation of the surgical implant generation network (SIGN) intramedullary tibial nail. Orthopaedic Research Society. Poster Session 13 Fracture # 838.
- Antkowiak T (2015) Partial Knee replacement: Minimally invasive approach, navigation, robotic assistance. Riverside Medical Center presentation.
- Antkowiak T (2015) Treatment of hip pain: FAI, labral tears and osteoarthritis. Community lecture; Riverside Medical Center.
- Antkowiak T (2015) Outpatient total hip replacement: the minimally invasive anterior approach. Silver Cross Hospital lecture.
- Antkowiak T (2014) Treatment of cartilage injury in the athlete; current concepts review. ATI Sports Medicine Symposium.
- Antkowiak T (2014) Shoulder instability; evaluation and treatment of recurrent shoulder dislocations. ATI Sports Medicine Summit.
- Antkowiak T (2014) Hip preservation: Minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery for the treatment of hip pain. Riverside Medical Center community lecture.
- Antkowiak T. (2013) Treatment of Cartilage Lesions in the Knee; A review. Southern California Orthopedic Institute Symposium.
- Antkowiak T, (2013) Hip Arthroscopy for the treatment of femoral acetabular impingement and acetabular labral tears. Silver Cross Hospital presentation.
- Antkowiak T, (2013) Evaluation of the painful hip. Diagnosis and management of femoral acetabular impingement. Riverside Medical Center presentation.
- Antkowiak T, (2013) Minimally invasive surgery of the knee. Arthroscopy, cartilage restoration and partial knee replacement. Presence Healthcare presentation.
- Antkowiak T, (2013) Shoulder Arthroscopy and the treatment of Rotator Cuff tears. ATI Symposium for athletic trainers and therapists.
- Antkowiak T, (2013) Advances in arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, hip and knee. Athletico Symposium for athletic trainers and therapists. Orthopedic Courses: Faculty Appointments
- Antkowiak T (2015) Treatment of Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury in althetes. OAK Orthopedics publication.
- Antkowiak T (2015) Hip replacement using the minimally invasive anterior approach. OAK Orthopedics publication.
- Antkowiak T (2013) Hip Pain – Can We Prevent the Early Onset of Hip Arthritis? OAK Orthopedics publication.
- 2016 Outstanding Patient Satisfaction; Silver Cross Hospital
- 2012 Reno Trauma Award Outstanding Resident in Orthopedic Trauma
- 2012 Chief Resident in Orthopedic Surgery
- 2011 Emerging Leader, American Orthopedic Association
- 2007 Cum Laude, Albany Medical College
- 2006 Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical Honors Society
- 2005, 2006 Class of 1955 Merit Scholarship, Academic achievement, Albany Medical College
- 2005, 2006 Joseph Collins Merit Scholarship, Academic and extracurricular achievement, Albany Medical College
- 2014 Arthroscopy Association of North America Masters Course: Hip Arthroscopy. Associate master instructor.
- 2013 Southern California Orthopedic Institute, Napa Valley Course; Hip Arthroscopy lab; assistant instructor
- 2013 Southern California Orthopedic Institute, Napa Valley Course; Shoulder Arthroscopy lab; assistant instructor