Patient Safety Resources
Your Safe Alternative to the Hospital
Now more than ever, it is important to have safe alternatives to visiting the hospital for orthopedic care.
Illinois Bone & Joint Institute is fully committed to keeping our patients, staff, and communities safe, and is taking various steps to ensure a safe environment for all in-office visits.
These are just a few of the safety measures that you can expect to see when you visit our clinics to help keep everyone safe:
Pre-Appointment Patient Screening
- IBJI will contact patients prior to their scheduled office visits in order to reiterate and confirm a health status check as recommended by the CDC.
- Patients presenting with COVID-19 symptoms – cough, fever, difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headaches, sore throat, newly developed loss of taste or smell – will be rescheduled per CDC guidelines and their referring MD will be notified.
- All patients, visitors, and staff receive temperature checks.
- Entrance points to IBJI facilities have been limited in order to ensure that all visitors go through a temperature screen
Staff Health Status Monitoring
- IBJI has initiated an “Active Monitoring Schedule” for all staff Members to ensure that our responsibility towards your scheduled visit starts long before you walk through our doors.
Masks and Face Coverings
- All IBJI staff, patients and visitors are required to wear face masks or face coverings at all times
- Free masks are available and will be provided if needed.
Plexiglass Face Shields
- Plexiglass shields are in place to create additional separation between front desk staff from patients and visitors
- Signage, floor decals, and markings are in place to indicate where to sit and stand to maintain safe distancing.
Ongoing Sanitization of all Surfaces
- All surfaces and equipment at IBJI facilities are cleaned continuously throughout the day to maintain and prepare a safe space for patients and visitors