Jeffrey Ackerman, MD
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- Community First Medical Center
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital
- Swedish Covenant Hospital
- Weiss Memorial Hospital
BiographyDr. Jeffrey Ackerman is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in hip and knee reconstruction and hip preservation. Fellowship trained in complex primary and revision hip and knee replacement procedures, he performs minimally invasive anterior and posterior approach hip replacements. Dr. Ackerman is one of few surgeons trained in hip arthroscopy and open pelvic osteotomy surgery. He treats adolescents, young adults, and athletes with hip disorders including acetabular labral tears, femoroacetabular impingement problems, hip dysplasia, avascular necrosis and sequelae of pediatric hip problems. Dr. Ackerman believes in the comprehensive care of his patients by providing the highest level of individualized care. He presents all available treatment options, including nonsurgical and surgical procedures to improve patients’ overall health and activity.
Additional Areas of Expertise
Philosophy of Care
“I believe in the comprehensive treatment for all my patients, providing the highest level of individualized care possible.”
University of Miami - Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL
Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine, Royal Oak, MI
Adult Reconstruction, Joint Preservation and Resurfacing
Washington University, Saint Louis, MO
- Chief Resident, Orthopaedic Surgery, Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine – Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Royal Oak, MI
- Emerging Leader, American Orthopaedic Association
- Resident Scholarship, American Association of Hip & Knee Surgeons (AAHKS)
- Resident Scholarship, American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Marcus Welby Award
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.