David Beigler, MD
- Evanston Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
- Glenbrook Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
BiographyDr. David Beigler is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who specializes in anterior total hip replacement, total knee replacement, hip arthroscopy and the treatment of trauma, particularly severe and atypical injuries. He offers patients advanced techniques, including minimally invasive fracture surgery and patient-specific knee replacement, which minimizes the amount of tissue that must be cut during surgery. Anterior hip replacement also spares tissue, reducing post-operative pain and speeding recovery. In providing care, Dr. Beigler takes the time to understand not only the patient’s medical condition but also the patient as a person. Whatever the condition, he seeks the least invasive form of effective treatment possible. Dr. Beigler is the head of orthopedic trauma for North Shore University HealthSystem. He also is an associate clinical professor of orthopedic surgery at the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, training residents who rotate through his practice. In addition, Dr. Beigler has taught extensively throughout the U.S. and Canada on behalf of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the Arthroscopy Association of North America, Orthopaedic Trauma Association, AO North American, and other medical associations. He also served on the editorial board of the American Journal of Orthopaedics. He is currently a member of the Orthopaedic Trauma Association and Swiss Fracture Association (AO).
Additional Areas of Expertise
Philosophy of Care
My practice philosophy has been and remains that the patient’s needs come first; that listening to the person, not just looking at x-rays will result in treating the problem as a whole and that if I treat the patient the way I would hope to be treated, we will both achieve satisfaction.
Loyola University Chicago
Loyola University Hospitals
Loyola University Hospitals
Total Joint Surgery
Harvard University - Brigham and Women's Hospital
Swiss A-O Trauma
University of Toronto -
Research and Publications
- Getting the Tibia to Union In: AAOS : Standing Room Only DVD Series, March 2008
- Treatment of Impending Pathologic Fractures of the Femur with Flexible Intramedullary Nails, with W. Dobozi, et al, Orthopaedics, 7:11, p1682, Nov., 1984
- Nutritional Issues in Orthopaedic Surgery, Letter to the Editor, Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, April, 1982
- Absract: Dobozi, W., Beigler, D., et al Ender Nailing of Pathologic Lesions of the Femur, Orthopaedic Transactions, Vol.5: 3, P. 515, 1981
- Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery: University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine
- Division Head, Orthopaedic Trauma, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare
Curriculum VitaeSee my Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.