Jeffrey Visotsky, MD
Jeffrey L. Visotsky, MD
Buffalo Grove Physician Offices
1450 Busch Parkway
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Highland Park Physician Offices
1919 Skokie Valley Road
Highland Park, IL 60035
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- Evanston Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
- Glenbrook Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
- Highland Park Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
- Illinois Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Surgery Center
- Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital
- Skokie Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
A founding member of Illinois Bone and Joint Institute, Dr. Jeffrey L. Visotsky is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with a subspecialty certification in hand surgery. He specializes in hand, elbow and shoulder reconstruction procedures. Dr. Visotsky performs rotator cuff repairs, shoulder instability reconstruction, primary and reverse shoulder replacement, tennis elbow surgery, and all hand procedures, including reconstruction, reimplementation and carpal tunnel surgery.
When medically appropriate, Dr. Visotsky provides advanced treatments including arthroscopy and the use of platelet-rich plasma injections to stimulate tissue healing. In many cases, Dr. Visotsky is able to treat patients successfully using non-surgical methods. His goal is to restore each patient back to the normal function in their activities of daily living and sports.
Dr. Visotsky has been part of the design teams for implants used in shoulder arthroscopy and shoulder replacements. In addition, he is conducting clinical trials evaluating platelet-derived growth factors and primary and reverse shoulder replacement techniques. He is on the medical consulting staff of the Shedd Aquarium and Brookfield Zoo.
Additional Areas of Expertise
- Arthroscopic Surgery of Upper Extremity
- Pediatric Fracture Care
- Clinical Research
- Clavicle/Scapula Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel
- Bicep Ruptures
- Trauma of Upper Extremity
- Independent Medical Evaluations (IME)
What Patients Should Know About Me
Working and conducting clinical research studies gives me access to innovative techniques years before they’re available to the general public.
McGaw Medical Center
Children's Memorial Hospital
Northwestern University Hospital
Cook County Hospital
Lutheran General Hospital
Evanston Northwestern Medical Center
Hand and Upper Extremity Microsurgery
Baylor College of Medicine
University of Chicago Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 1990 to present
- Instructor, Physicians Assistant Department, Finch University of Health Sciences, Chicago Medical School, Chicago IL 1997 to present
- Special Consultant – Division of Specialized Care for Children, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois Hand and Upper Extremity Care 1999 to present
- Clinical Associate of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 1992 to 2000
- Consulting Staff and Chief of the Medical Advisory Board, Lincoln Park Zoo, Chicago, Illinois
1995 to present
Curriculum VitaeSee my Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.