Marc Breslow, MD
Highland Park Physician Offices
1919 Skokie Valley Road
Highland Park, IL 60035
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- Illinois Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Surgery Center
- Skokie Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
BiographyDr. Marc Breslow is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with a subspecialty certification in sports medicine. He treats athletes of all ages, from children to the elderly and specializes in treating knee and shoulder problems, although he also treats other injuries caused by sports, hobbies or work. The most common shoulder problems he cares for are rotator cuff tears, fractures, dislocations and separations, and he commonly treats knee injuries involving the anterior cruciate ligament, meniscus, cartilage, and tendons. In most cases, he is able to treat patients with non-surgical methods. When surgery is needed, Dr. Breslow is able to offer most patients minimally invasive/arthroscopic procedures which decrease patient discomfort and speed recovery times. Dr. Breslow stresses communication with his patients and their families, educating them about their condition and recommended treatment. His goal is to return patients to their pre- injury level of activity in a safe and efficient manner.
Additional Areas of Expertise
- Trauma & Fracture Care
- Orthopedic Trauma
- Knee Pain & Injuries
- General Pediatric Orthopaedics
- General Adult Orthopaedics
- Fracture Care
- Independent Medical Evaluations (IME)
Philosophy of Care
“I will develop an interactive relationship with you to educate you about your ailment and to facilitate resolution of your pain or injury allowing you to return to your hobby, sport, occupation and everyday life without restrictions. Most importantly . . . I want to help keep you out of the doctor’s office and get you back to your life!”
Rush University College of Medicine
New York University Medical Center
NYC Hospital for Joint Diseases, Orthopaedic Institute
Sports Medicine & Arthroscopy
Research and Publications
- Andrews, W, Breslow, MJ: Low Anterior-Inferior 5 o’clock Portal for Shoulder Arthroscopy. Temple University Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Spine Medicine. 2006. Vol. I 23-28.
- Breslow, MJ, Rosen J: Cervical Spine Injuries in Football Players. (In press).
- Bernstein AD, Breslow, MJ, Distal Biceps Tendon Ruptures: A Historic Perspective and Current Concepts. AMJ Ortho. 2001: Vol. XXX: 193-200.
- Breslow, MJ, Jazawi, L, Bernstein, AD, Kunner, FJ, Rokito, AS: Treatment of Acromioclavicular Joint Separation: Suture or Suture Anchor? Journal of Shoulder-Elbow Surgery. 2002. 11(3): 225-229.
- Breslow, MJ, Kann, J, Bach, BR, Jr.: Pectoralis Major Rupture. In Fahey T (editor) Encyclopedia of Sports Medicine and Exercises Physiology.
- Staren E, Breslow, MJ: The Role of Re-Excision in Selecting Patients for Breast Conserving Surgery. (Abstract presented at the Chicago Surgical Society Meeting).
- 1995: Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Assistant Professor: Department of Orthopaedics University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicago2007 – present
- Orthopaedic Team Physician , Maine East High School, Park Ridge, IL, 2007 to present
- Orthopaedic Team Physician, Notre Dame High School, Niles, IL, 2007 to present
- Orthopaedic Team Physician, Northridge Prep School, Niles, IL, 2008 to present
- Orthopaedic Team Physician , Niles West High School, Skokie, IL, 2010 to present
- Assistant Team Physician: North Central College, Naperville IL: 2001 – 2007
- Team Physician: Neuqua High School, Naperville IL: 2001 – 2007
- Assistant Team Physician: Glenbard South High School, Glen Ellyn IL: 2001 – 2007
Curriculum VitaeSee my Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.