Jeffrey Goldstein, MD
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- Northwest Community Hospital
- Skokie Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
BiographyDr. Goldstein is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in adult hip and knee reconstruction. He is one of the few surgeons in the area fellowship-trained in both anterior and posterior approach total hip replacement. In addition to primary joint replacement, he focuses on complex revision surgery, addressing complications such as instability, implant loosening, metallosis, periprosthetic infection, periprosthetic fractures, and extensor mechanism disruptions. After completing his undergraduate degree at the University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Goldstein returned to his native Chicago for medical school and residency training. He subsequently completed a fellowship at the OrthoCarolina Hip & Knee Center, one of the nation’s most prestigious orthopaedic centers. Dr. Goldstein offers patients the most advanced techniques in hip and knee surgery while sticking to his belief that surgeons have an obligation to practice evidence-based medicine. Dr. Goldstein is deeply committed to good communication. He listens closely to his patients' challenges and goals, and clearly explains medical conditions and treatment options using language patients can understand. He participates in ongoing research and presents findings both locally and nationally. He stays current on the latest orthopedic literature and is a reviewer for the Journal of Arthroplasty. Dr. Goldstein is pleased to be part of IBJI; a skilled team of professionals who share his commitment to excellence by providing the best care for each patient.
Additional Areas of Expertise
Total Hip Arthroplasty
Total Knee Arthroplasty
Total Joint Reconstruction
Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement
Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty
Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty
Philosophy of Care
“I believe that effective communication and optimal outcomes are linked, and I work closely with my patients to achieve both.”
Affilations and Associations
Peer Reviewer for the Journal of Arthroplasty
American Orthopaedic Association (AOA), Emerging Leaders Program Member
American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS), Fellow
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), Member
Rush Medical College, Chicago IL
University of Illinois at Chicago, Department of Surgery
University of Illinois at Chicago, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Adult Hip & Knee Reconstructive Surgery
OrthoCarolina Hip & Knee Center
Research and Publications
In Peer-Reviewed Journals:
- Shah RR, Goldstein JM, Gordon AC, Jimenez ML, Goldstein WM. Alarmingly High Rate of Implant Fractures in One Modular Femoral Stem Design: a Comparison of Two Implants. Accepted for Publication by Journal of Arthroplasty. 2017.
- Savin D, Piponov H, Goldstein JM, Youderian A. Humeral head sizing using extra-articular landmarks on conventional radiographs. Surg Radiol Anat. 2017 Mar 2.
- Goldstein JM, Fehring TK, Fehring K. Adverse Local Tissue Reactions in Asymptomatic Modular Metal-On-Metal Total Hips May Decrease Over Time. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2016 Jul;31(7):1589-94.
(See CV below for more)
Curriculum VitaeSee my Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.