Jeffrey Goldstein, MD
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- Illinois Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Surgery Center
- NorthShore Surgical Suites in Wisconsin
- Northwest Community Hospital
- Northwest Surgicare
- Skokie Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
BiographyDr. Goldstein is a board certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in adult hip and knee reconstruction and replacement surgery. He is one of the few surgeons in the area who spent an additional year learning the direct anterior approach for hip replacement surgery from some of the nation's most respected hip surgeons.In addition to primary hip and knee replacement, he focuses on complex revision surgery, addressing complications such as instability, implant loosening, metallosis, periprosthetic infection, periprosthetic fractures, and extensor mechanism disruptions. After completing his undergraduate degree at the University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Goldstein returned to his native Chicago for medical school and residency training. He subsequently completed a fellowship at the OrthoCarolina Hip & Knee Center, one of the nation’s most prestigious orthopedic training programs. Dr. Goldstein offers patients the most advanced techniques in hip and knee surgery while sticking to his belief that surgeons have an obligation to practice evidence-based medicine. He is deeply committed to good communication. He listens closely to his patients' challenges and goals, and clearly explains medical conditions and treatment options using language patients can understand. He participates in ongoing research and presents findings both locally and nationally. He stays current on the latest orthopedic literature and serves on the editorial board for the Journal of Arthroplasty. Dr. Goldstein is pleased to be part of IBJI; a skilled team of professionals who share his commitment to excellence by providing the best care for each patient.
Additional Areas of Expertise
- Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Total Joint Reconstruction
- Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement
- Revision Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Revision Total Hip Arthroplasty
Philosophy of Care
“I believe that effective communication and optimal outcomes are linked, and I work closely with my patients to achieve both.”
Affilations and Associations
- Journal of Arthroplasty, Editorial Board Member
- American Orthopaedic Association (AOA), Emerging Leaders Program Member
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS), Fellow
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), Fellow
Rush Medical College, Chicago IL
University of Illinois at Chicago, Department of Surgery
University of Illinois at Chicago, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Adult Hip & Knee Reconstructive Surgery
OrthoCarolina Hip & Knee Center
Research and Publications
In Peer-Reviewed Journals:
- Shah RR, Goldstein JM, Gordon AC, Jimenez ML, Goldstein WM. Alarmingly High Rate of Implant Fractures in One Modular Femoral Stem Design: a Comparison of Two Implants. Accepted for Publication by Journal of Arthroplasty. 2017.
- Savin D, Piponov H, Goldstein JM, Youderian A. Humeral head sizing using extra-articular landmarks on conventional radiographs. Surg Radiol Anat. 2017 Mar 2.
- Goldstein JM, Fehring TK, Fehring K. Adverse Local Tissue Reactions in Asymptomatic Modular Metal-On-Metal Total Hips May Decrease Over Time. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2016 Jul;31(7):1589-94.
(See CV below for more)
Visit My Websitehttp://www.jgoldsteinmd.com/
Curriculum VitaeSee my Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.
"Dr. Jeff Goldstein - WGN radio". Released: 2018.