Anesthesiologist and Interventional Pain Management Physician
Anesthesiology and Pain Management
Dr. Kellie Gates is a board-certified anesthesiologist and pain management specialist. She started her career in pain management after completing her anesthesiology residency training at Loyola University Medical Center, where she was chief resident, and also her fellowship at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
Her interest in the field of pain medicine began during training with a genuine desire to maintain continuity with her patients, but also due to a passion for improving the patient condition. Dr. Gates sees pain medicine as a rapidly evolving field with multiple opportunities to impact and improve upon a person’s quality of life. She is enthusiastic about treating each patient on an individual basis to find areas of pain management in which they may be lacking.
Dr. Gates sees personal wellness as a key strategy for the management of pain. She believes there are a myriad of ways in which overall general health can be optimized for patients, which in turn can promote improvement in chronic pain. This, along with minimally invasive procedures, non-narcotic medications, and therapy, creates the foundation of care that can be tailored to meet each patient’s needs.
Dr. Gates is originally from Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Outside of work, she enjoys watching movies, exercising, traveling, or spending quality time with her husband, son, and dog, Gus.
• Cervical, thoracic, and lumbar epidurals
• Cervical, thoracic, and lumbar facet blocks
• Greater Occipital Nerve Blocks
• Sacroiliac Joint Injections
• Stellar and Lumbar Sympathetic Blocks for management of Complex Region Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
• Intercostal Nerve Blocks for post-thoracotomy pain, post-herpetic neuralgia, or cancer-related bone pain
• Small to large joint injections
• Cervical, Thoracic, and Lumbar Radiofrequency ablations
• Spinal cord Stimulator trials and permanent placement
• Bursa Injections
• Genicular Nerve Blocks and ablations for chronic knee pain
• Ultrasound Guided Peripheral Nerve Blocks
• Peripheral Nerve Stimulator Placement
“It is my pleasure to provide the framework of care to help manage painful conditions and improve a patient’s quality of life.”