Ritesh Shah, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon with Fellowship Training in Joint Preservation, Resurfacing and Reconstruction
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Shah, R. R., Cipparrone, N. E., Parilla, F. W., Robinson, M. G., Gordon, A. C., & Goldstein, W. M. (2019). Survivorship of the Modular Femoral Revision Stem. Orthopedics, 42(5), 294–298. doi: 10.3928/01477447-20190604-09
- Shah, Ritesh R. et al. Is it safe? Outpatient Total Joint Arthroplasty with Discharge to Home at a Freestanding Ambulatory Surgical Center. Journal of Arthroplasty, 2018.
- Ritesh R. Shah, Varsha Gobin, and Jeffrey M. Muir, “Imageless Navigation Improves Intraoperative Monitoring of Leg Length Changes during Total Hip Arthroplasty for Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease: Two Case Reports,” Case Reports in Orthopedics, vol. 2018, Article ID 4362367, 4 pages, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/4362367.
- Stulberg SD, Yaffe MA, Shah RR, Gall-Sims S, Palmese N. Columbus Primary Total Knee Replacement: A 2-4 Year Follow up. The Use of Intraoperative Navigation Derived Data to Predict Postoperative Function. ORTHOPEDICS. 2008
- Shah RR, Jain N, Sarwark JF. Kyphectomy in Myelomeningocele. The Growing Spine: Management of Spinal Disorders in the Young Child. Chapter 26. Editors: Behrooz, Muharrem, Thompson Springer ed.. 2011
- Shah RR, Barrack RL. Total Hip Arthroplasty in a Patient with Myelomeningocele: A Case Report. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2012.
- Shah, RR, Nunley RM. Management of Articular Cartilage and Ligamentum Teres Disorders in the Adult Hip. Book Chapter accepted and Awaiting Publication for The Adult Hip Volume 3.
- Shah RR, Clohisy JC. Cases From the Adolescent Hip Pain Clinic. Femoroacetabular Impingement Instructional Video. The Adult Hip 4. DVD instructional video for American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeon Instructional Video Series. 2012.
- Shah RR, Clohisy JC. Preoperative Evaluation of a Patient with Femoroacetabular Impingement. Femoroacetabular Impingement Monograph Series for American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Accepted and Awaiting Publication. 2013.
- Shah RR, Patel R, Puri L. Computer Assisted Total Knee Arthroplasty for Significant Tibial Deformities. Journal of Arthroplasty, 2013.
- Shah RR, Wetzel R, Puri L. Demonstration of Saw Blade Accuracy and Excursion: A Cadaveric Comparison Study of Blade Types Used in Total Knee Arthroplasty. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2013.
- Healio Orthopedics Blue Ribbon Award for “Aspirin Alone Is Not Enough to Prevent Deep Venous Thrombosis After Total Joint Arthroplasty.” February 2019.
- M.D. with Honors, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, 2005
- University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine Scholarship, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, 2001-2005
- Loyola University Chicago Damen Scholarship, Loyola University Chicago, 1997-1998
- Loyola University Chicago Presidential Scholarship, Loyola University Chicago, 1998-2001
- Alpha Sigma Nu Jesuit Honors Society, Loyola University Chicago, 2000-2001
- Magna Cum Laude with Honors in Biochemistry, Loyola University Chicago, 2001
- Magna Cum Laude with Honors in Economics, Loyola University, Chicago, 2001
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Orthopaedics, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, 2011-Present
- Clinical Instructor, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, 2010-2011