Ritesh Shah, MD
Buffalo Grove Physician Offices
1450 Busch Parkway
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
Highland Park Physician Offices
1919 Skokie Valley Road
Highland Park, IL 60035
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- Illinois Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Surgery Center
- North Shore Surgical Suites
- Skokie Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
Dr. Ritesh Shah is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who specializes in treating hip and knee disorders.
He offers advanced treatments including minimally invasive muscle sparing total hip replacements and hip resurfacing, hip arthroscopy for labrum repairs, minimally invasive customized patient specific total knee replacement, partial knee replacement and knee arthroscopy. As well, he performs revision hip and knee replacements.
Dr. Shah enjoys treating active athletic patients and helping them return to their high level of activity using novel, cutting edge surgical techniques. He provides the continuum of care for the hip and knee from minimally invasive arthroscopic procedures to complex revision procedures. He has written numerous orthopedic research articles and book chapters and has published surgical and video techniques for technologically advanced preservation and reconstruction procedures.
A strong believer in evidence-based medicine, Dr. Shah makes certain that everything he does for a patient is validated by the most current clinical outcomes data available.
Additional Areas of Expertise
- Hip Osteotomies
- Hip Impingement & Femoroacetabular Impingement Treatment
- Labral Tears
- Hip Dysplasia
- Hip Resurfacing
- Perthes Deformities
- Avascular Necrosis
- Hip & Femur Fractures
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Independent Medical Evaluations (IME)
Philosophy of Care
I believe in providing empathetic, innovative, timely, and exemplary care to all my patients. My philosophy is that each person is an individual and should have treatment catered to his or her particular needs. With contemporary training in hip and knee disorders in adults and young adults, I believe in educating the patient and their family on their natural disease process, alternatives in treatment options, and expected outcomes of surgical and non-surgical treatment to allow patients to make better-educated decisions. Most importantly, I pride myself in working with a specialized support team to effectively diagnose and treat all patients to ensure complete patient satisfaction and return to activity and function.
University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
Joint Preservation, Resurfacing and Reconstruction
Research and Publications
- Stulberg SD, Yaffe MA, Shah RR, Gall-Sims S, Palmese N. Columbus Primary Total Knee Replacement: A 2-4 Year Follow up. The Use of Intraoperative Navigation Derived Data to Predict Postoperative Function. ORTHOPEDICS. 2008
- Shah RR, Jain N, Sarwark JF. Kyphectomy in Myelomeningocele. The Growing Spine: Management of Spinal Disorders in the Young Child. Chapter 26. Editors: Behrooz, Muharrem, Thompson Springer ed.. 2011
- Shah RR, Barrack RL. Total Hip Arthroplasty in a Patient with Myelomeningocele: A Case Report. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2012.
- Shah, RR, Nunley RM. Management of Articular Cartilage and Ligamentum Teres Disorders in the Adult Hip. Book Chapter accepted and Awaiting Publication for The Adult Hip Volume 3.
- Shah RR, Clohisy JC. Cases From the Adolescent Hip Pain Clinic. Femoroacetabular Impingement Instructional Video. The Adult Hip 4. DVD instructional video for American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeon Instructional Video Series. 2012.
- Shah RR, Clohisy JC. Preoperative Evaluation of a Patient with Femoroacetabular Impingement. Femoroacetabular Impingement Monograph Series for American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Accepted and Awaiting Publication. 2013.
- Shah RR, Patel R, Puri L. Computer Assisted Total Knee Arthroplasty for Significant Tibial Deformities. Journal of Arthroplasty, 2013.
- Shah RR, Wetzel R, Puri L. Demonstration of Saw Blade Accuracy and Excursion: A Cadaveric Comparison Study of Blade Types Used in Total Knee Arthroplasty. Journal of Arthroplasty. 2013.
- M.D. with Honors, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, 2005
- University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine Scholarship, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, 2001-2005
- Loyola University Chicago Damen Scholarship, Loyola University Chicago, 1997-1998
- Loyola University Chicago Presidential Scholarship, Loyola University Chicago, 1998-2001
- Alpha Sigma Nu Jesuit Honors Society, Loyola University Chicago, 2000-2001
- Magna Cum Laude with Honors in Biochemistry, Loyola University Chicago, 2001
- Magna Cum Laude with Honors in Economics, Loyola University, Chicago, 2001
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Orthopaedics, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, 2011-Present
- Clinical Instructor, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, 2010-2011
Visit My Websitehttp://rapidrecoveryreality.com/
Curriculum VitaeSee my Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.