- Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
Areas of Expertise
- Hand and Wrist Surgery
- Independent Medical Evaluations (IME)
- Pediatric Fractures
- Shoulder and Elbow Surgery
- Sports Injuries (Hand, Wrist, Elbow)
Dr. Surbhi Panchal is a board certified orthopedic surgeon and fellowship trained in Hand & Upper extremity surgery. Specializing in disorders and treatment of the hand, wrist, elbow and arm, she supports a balance of conservative and surgical measures to achieve optimal results for each patient. “Achieving this balance means a unique discussion and treatment plan for each patient to ensure the best possible outcome,” she notes.
In 2013, after completing hand and upper extremity fellowship training at the Cleveland Clinic and MetroHealth Medical Center, Dr. Panchal began her private practice. She is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, the Ruth Jackson Society and the American Association for Hand Surgery.
Dr. Panchal has conducted research on surgical outcomes of upper extremity patients, has been published in orthopedic peer-reviewed journals, and authored several chapters in medical texts on elbow and hand surgery. During her residency, Dr. Panchal participated in a mission to the Dominican Republic to provide surgical care to local communities lacking access to general orthopedics and specialized upper extremity care.
For each patient, I discuss their options and create a unique treatment plan that supports a balance of conservative and surgical measures to achieve optimal results."Surbhi Panchal, MD
University of Maryland
Union Memorial Hospital- Orthopaedic surgery
Cleveland Clinic Foundation- Hand & Upper Extremity
Affiliations and Associations
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Ruth Jackson Society
- Dupuytren’s Foundation
- American Medical Women’s Association
- Biomedical Engineering Society
- School of Medicine class of 2006 class officer (Treasurer)
- Society of Women Engineers
- Panchal,S.; Murthi,A.M. External fixators for management of elbow instability. In Levine,W.N.; Ahmad,C.S.; Cadet,E.R.(editors). Current Management of Shoulder and Elbow Trauma. London: JP Medical Publishers; submitted.
- Panchal, S.; Murthi, A.M. “Medial epicondylitis” American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons, Curriculum for Elbow Disorders.
- Potlog-Nahari C, Panchal S, Nilson MK, Reynolds JC, Koziol JC, Stratton P, Hearns-Stokes RM, Nieman LK.. Bone mineral density and endometriosis. J Bone Miner Res, 2004.
- Ziats N.P., Panchal S., Coyle C., Meilander N.J., McCrae K., Bellamkonda R.V. Slow release of high molecular weight kininogen inhibits angiogenesis in vivo and in vitro., Microvasc. Res. 2005
- American Orthopaedic Association Resident Leadership Forum 2010
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Medial Honorary Academic Society
- Placed in Michelson-Morley Research Competition in Biological Sciences
- Dean’s High Honors
- Gamma Sigma Alpha, Greek Honorary Academic Society
- Order of Omega, Greek Honorary Leadership Society
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Chief resident during orthopaedic surgery residency at Union Memorial Hospital
- University of Maryland School of Medicine Class of 2006 Class officer (Treasurer)
- Coordinator of the student advisory group to Dr. Jarrell, Vice Dean and Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
- Sports Medicine Interest Group: President
- Alpha Phi: Vice President of Programming
- Panhellenic Council: Vice President of Communications
- Good Samaritan Hospital (Member-at-Large, Vice Chair of Surgery)
View Dr. Panchal's Media
“Dr. Panchal is the best! She shows concern, is down to earth and caring. ”
“Dr. Panchal and the nursing staff are outstanding. I feel very comfortable with them”