- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
- Evanston Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
- Glenbrook Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
- Highland Park Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
- Illinois Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Surgery Center
- Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital
- Skokie Hospital - NorthShore University Health System
Areas of Expertise
Dr. Taizoon H. Baxamusa, FACS, is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon with a subspecialty certification in hand surgery. He specializes in the treatment of hand conditions, including arthritis, nerve compression, fractures and lacerations. He also treats shoulder and elbow conditions, including diseases of the tendon such as tennis elbow and rotator cuff tears. He provides joint replacement surgery and offers minimally invasive surgery, including small joint arthroscopy. He seeks to make sure his patients understand their condition so they can be part of the treatment process. He is mindful that his job is not finished upon completing a patient’s surgery, but extends through recovery. He chose to specialize in orthopedics because of the satisfaction he receives from returning patients to normal function.
Dr. Baxamusa is chief of the Division of Hand Surgery at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital and a clinical assistant professor of orthopedic surgery at the University of Illinois College of Medicine.
A leader in his field, Dr. Baxamusa is president of the Chicago Society for Surgery of the Hand and has completed the highly selective leadership programs of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American Society of Surgery of the Hand.
I believe that the patient really knows best about what the “problem” is. Together, we can work upon a solution. Once the patient is properly educated about their condition, they can better participate in their care and rehabilitation."Taizoon Baxamusa, MD
Northwestern University Medical School
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven CT- General Surgery
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven CT- Orthopedic Surgery
The Indiana Hand Center, Indianapolis IN- Hand & Upper Extremity/Microvascular Surgery
Affiliations and Associations
- Leadership Fellows Program 2010, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Young Members Leadership Program, American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society
- The Leon Unger MD Student Research Fellowship, Dean’s List, National Dean’s List
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics Surgery, University of Illinois at Chicago, July 2007 to present
- Instructor, Department of Orthopaedics & Rehabilitation, Yale University, 1999-2000
- Hôpital Albert Schweitzer, Haiti, Charity Orthopaedic Surgical Relief team, 1999
View Dr. Baxamusa's Media
Dr. Baxamusa as heard on WBBM-AM & WSCR-AM
"Dr. Baxamusa was phenomenal. Very friendly and personable. Would definitely recommend friends and family to see him."