Anand Vora, MD
Chicago-Avondale Physician Offices
2923 N California Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
- Advocate Condell Medical Center
- Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
- Hawthorn Surgical Center
- Illinois Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Surgery Center
- NorthShore University Health System
- Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital
Meet Anand M. Vora
Dr. Anand Vora is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in care for foot and ankle conditions, including arthritis, trauma, sports injuries, reconstructive procedures, bunions and hammertoes, cartilage restoration, and diabetes-related foot problems. He performs ankle replacements, complex ankle and foot reconstructions, arthroscopy, minimally invasive foot and ankle surgery, joint preserving cartilage regenerative procedures, and provides advanced biologic treatments such as platelet-rich plasma injections and tissue regeneration.
Dr. Vora is a clinical assistant professor of orthopedic surgery at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago. He is a foot and ankle consultant for the Chicago Fire soccer team, Joffrey Ballet, Lake Forest College, multiple local high school programs, and has previously consulted for other professional Chicago organizations.He is frequently asked to lecture both nationally and internationally on foot and ankle topics to other surgeons. Additionally, Dr. Vora is the lead consultant to an orthopedic device manufacturer and has helped create devices to improve surgical care and enhance outcomes for fusion procedures, minimally invasive tendon repairs, arthroscopic procedures, treatment for sports injuries, and a novel ankle replacement design. As well, he is a consultant on the development of a new way to regenerate cartilage.
Additional Areas of Expertise
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Fracture Care
- Independent Medical Evaluations (IME)
Philosophy of Care
I take pride in providing care for my patients in a caring and compassionate manner while utilizing the most state-of-the-art medical and surgical treatments available.
Affilations and Associations
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine
Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Surgery
Johns Hopkins Hospital, Union Memorial Hospital, Mercy Medical Center
- Selected as one of “America’s Top Foot and Ankle Orthopaedists” in the “Guide to America’s Top Orthopaedists”
- American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society Goldener Research Award
- Awarded for outstanding basic sciences research project: “Flexible and Flatfooted Deformity: Mild and Severe Deformity Experimental Model”
- Maryland Orthopaedic Association Award: Awarded for outstanding research project “Flexible and Flatfooted Deformity: Mild and Severe Deformity Experimental Model”
- Johnson and Johnson Research Award and Travel Grant: Awarded for outstanding research project: “Bipolar Osteochondral Tibiotalar Allograft Ankle Replacement: Early Results with Use of a Customized Jig”
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Association Travel Grant: Awarded for research project: “Early Failure of Proximally Cemented Distally Press Fit Femoral Component in Primary Total Hip Arthroplasty”
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Illinois, Chicago IL 2008 – present
- Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery: Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago IL
- Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Consultant, Chicago Fire Professional Soccer
- Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Consultant, Joffrey Ballet Dance Company
- Past Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Consultant, Chicago Cubs
- Instructor, American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society Complete Foot Care Course
- Instructor, Arthroscopy Association of North America Foot and Ankle Course
Visit My Websitehttps://dranandvora.com/
Curriculum VitaeSee my Curriculum Vitae [PDF]
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.
IBJI Centers of Excellence
Ankle replacement serves as life-changer for Grayslake man.
– My Suburban Life, July 6th 2015