OrthoHealth is a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to address adult and pediatric weight management, along with health and wellness parameters that include Optimizing Nutrition, Reducing Stress, Pain-free Movement, Improved Sleep Habits, and Enhanced Overall Performance.
Our physicians’ goal is to develop a plan for individualized healthy lifestyle changes in the adult and pediatric populations. They will focus on metabolic management and helping patients create simple, evidence-based habits to optimize their health. We design a unique program for each patient to reach their goals focusing on reasonable and sustainable changes that help optimize their long term health.
Patients in the program have access to many IBJI resources including physicians, surgeons, physical therapists, registered dietitians, certified health coaches as well as fitness classes, personal trainers and performance training through the IBJI Health Performance Institute. Through collaborative partnerships, patients may also be connected with behavior therapists, psychologists and sleep specialists as needed.
Meet Our OrthoHealth Physicians
How OrthoHealth can help you:
- Optimizing Metabolic Health: Our physicians will focus on unlocking and addressing your personal medical parameters and finding an individualized plan to help you achieve metabolic health. This will result in an increase in energy, strength and overall metabolism resulting in weight loss.
- Reducing Stress: Is stress taking a toll on your health? Do you feel tired or drained some days? The OrthoHealth team will explore your lifestyle and assist you in creating habits to be the best version of yourself. Reducing your stress will lower overall cortisol levels and assist with optimizing your metabolic health.
- Physical Therapy to achieve Pain-free Movement: Our team of Physical Therapists can assess your current lifestyle and take a whole body approach to evaluate and design an individualized treatment plan in conjunction with your IBJI physicians with the goal of achieving pain free movement. Your pain free movement will be a key factor in achieving your metabolic health.
- Optimize Nutrition: Learning proper nutrition to fuel your body is the key to performance and recovery. Food is the best medicine we have and learning what your body needs to eat can help you optimize your health. We can educate you on your daily intake of protein, vitamins, minerals and proper hydration to optimize your energy and fitness.
- Sleep: Sleep is a critical component to health. With our sleep partners we can evaluate current sleep patterns and sleep hygiene and if needed set up interventions to improve quality or quantity sleep which will reduce overall stress hormones and boost energy levels and metabolism.
- HPI: Our Health Performance Institute will come together with your medical providers to educate you in the importance of active movement with efficient movement and design a program to complement the current goals set by your OrthoHealth providers. They offer In person and Virtual individual and group sessions.
How to Enroll
Making a change can be a challenge, but if you are ready for change, we are here to help you ‘Move, Live Better.’ Signing up is simple – call or email our intake coordinator, Jake Tamillo, and he will help you get started. He can also be contacted for general nutrition and health coaching questions and scheduling appointments.
Meet Our OrthoHealth Team
Join Our OrthoHealth Nutrition Classes
|Join our IBJI dietitians for a monthly presentation and discussion about nutrition excellence and how to increase health-span by choosing the foods you eat each and every day. Normalized metabolic function is possible and it starts in your home and continues with the choices made when out of the house. |
More than ever it is important to know the strategies and practical actions for preventing and improving health challenges. How and what you eat is a foundational place to start.
When: Wednesday, March 16th 4:00pm – 5:00p
Where: IBJI – 2401 Ravine Way, Glenview, 3rd floor conference room
Cost: Free for this month!
Join our 6-Week OrthoHealth Healthy Challenge!
|Sign up for our Free 6 week Healthy Challenge that starts April 4, 2022! |
The challenge is completely virtual and a chance to win a prize at the end of the 6 weeks, this is the great spring challenge to reset yourself for the summer!
Sign up here!
*Separate options available for both adults and adolescents.
Sign-up for our OrthoHealth Newsletter:
Frequently Asked Questions
Our program is designed to meet a wide variety of needs and is customized to your goals. It is ideal for anyone who is ready to take a supported approach to improving their health.
Your physicians will meet with you one-on-one and will take a detailed history, listen and work with you to develop a strategy to best address your goals. In addition, a full medical evaluation of your Body Composition, Vitals, Sleep Assessment, Metabolic and Nutrient, and Lab Testing* will be performed and your progress continually monitored.
During your doctor visit, you will meet with our Health Coach. Our health coach will assist you with implementing change and continue to strategize with you on the specific ways to help achieve your goals. They will also be a direct contact and conduit of communication between you and your doctor.
*We suggest that you bring your most recent lab work from your annual physical and, if appropriate, we will set collaborative goals with your current medical providers to improve your health parameters.
The Physical Therapist will assess how you move, your strengths and limitations, and design a plan that lets you exercise and move efficiently. We will work with you to find a program that maximizes your function and minimizes any pain that may be limiting you from reaching your goals. At completion of physical therapy, it is our goal to transition you to a community-based fitness program.
Nutrition Counseling focuses on educating you on the basics of nutrition and how to apply this to your everyday food and beverage choices. The focus is not on any specific diet, but on eating whole, real foods that you can use to fuel your body to move and perform better.
The physician and nutritionist collaborate to design an individualized plan, taking into account your body’s medical and metabolic needs. Their goal is always centered around you, creating a customized plan with our in-network providers and our referral partners, guiding you to create new habits that will help you be the best version of yourself.
Your care will be guided by our doctors and our health coach. Some patients will utilize all of our providers and some will use one or just a few – that is the benefit of customization. Together, you and your physician will determine which services you would benefit from at various times in your treatment. Our goal is to create an individualized plan for every patient and work with them to develop a program that enables them to ‘live their best life.’
Benefits for the program vary for every individual’s insurance. We are credentialed with most providers and are finding that most insurance plans are providing coverage for the OrthoHealth program. Please contact Intake Coordinator Jake Tamillo by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 847-324-3020, with any questions.
You will have exclusive access to our OrthoHealth app. Here, you will have access to a portal of information prepared by your providers to support your goals, a method of communication with our team and it will display updates as loaded, to reflect all of your wellness parameters in real time. It also includes complimentary pre-set strength workouts provided by our Health Performance Institute (HPI) trainers in addition to access to HPI-exclusive OrthoHealth in-person and virtual training options.