Dr. Andrea Kramer is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in pediatric orthopedics. She provides treatments for all the major congenital disorders, including hip dysplasia, club feet, cerebral palsy, spina bifida and down syndrome. She also provides care for scoliosis and traumatic injuries. Dr. Kramer offers the most up to date surgical and clinical techniques, including the latest in fracture fixation and bracing.
She believes that as a Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeon she has special responsibilities to the children that she treats. Not only does she make certain that parents understand the treatment options presented, but she also ensures that each of her patients gets the personal attention they need so that they are comfortable and fully understand what happens during every step of the process, from exam to diagnosis to treatment.
Dr. Kramer is the Director of the Pediatric Orthopedic Center of Excellence at Advocate Children’s Hospital in Park Ridge, Illinois and she frequently lectures for courses presented by the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America. Currently, she is conducting research in the use of a brace instead of a cast when treating femur (thigh bone) fractures in newborn to five year-old children, a technique that spares the patient from needing surgery.
As a dedicated athlete, her appreciation of physical fitness and well being help fuel her commitment to improve her patients’ conditions. The mother of two boys, Dr. Kramer helps parents make treatment decisions for their children as if she were making them for her own.
Additional Areas of Expertise
- All Pediatric Fractures
- Congenital Disorders
- Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
- Pediatric Spine
- Pediatric Sports Medicine
- Independent Medical Evaluations (IME)
Philosophy of Care
When coming to my office, parents and kids can be sure that not only will they receive the most up-to- date innovation and surgical techniques, but also the most extraordinary care and compassion.
Affiliations and Associations
- Pediatric Orthpaedic Society of North America
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- Chicago Medical Society
- Illinois Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons, North America
Shriners Hospital-Intermountain Unit - Primary Children's Medical Center
Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery
Temple University School of Medicine
Research and Publications
- Stevens, P.M.; Kramer, A.S., “Anterior Femoral Stapling.” Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics. 21(6) :804-7, Nov-Dec 2001
- Sarwark, J.F.; Kramer, A.S., “Pediatric Spinal Deformity.” Current Opinion in Pediatrics. Vol. 10: 82-86, 1998
- Munin, M.D.; Jaweed, M.M.; Stam, W.E.; Satinsky, A.R.; Gutierez, G.; Herbison, G.J., “Postpoliomyelitis Muscle Weakness: A Prospective Study of Quadriceps Strength.” Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Vol. 72, September 1991
- Jaweed, M.M.; McGarvey, W.; Herbison G.J.; Satinsky A.R., “Quadriceps Muscle Fatigue and Recovery after Maximal Isometric Contractions in Healthy Male and Female Subjects.” Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Vol. 70, October 1989
- Kramer, A.S., “My Patient is 8 Years Old and Had a Salter Harris III Fracture of the Distal Femur. How Long Should I Follow Him for Abnormalities?” Chapter 12, Curside Consults Submitted 2007.
- Kramer, A.S.; Goldstein, W.M., “Clinical and Cost Effectiveness of Recovery Room X-rays after Primary Total Joint Arthroplasty.”
- Watson, A.D.; Husseini, G.A.; Kramer, A.S.; Rana, N., “Pathologic Fracture Distal to Well-Cemented Femoral Stem: Report of Two Cases.”
- Kramer, A.S.; Raab, D.J.; Kelikian, A.S.; Goldstein, W.M., “New Technique for High Tibial Osteotomy: Distraction Valgus Osteotomy with External Fixator.”
- Attending Staff Hope Children’s Hospital 2001 – 2007, Oak Lawn, IL
- Attending Staff North Shore University 2001 – Present Skokie Hospital, Skokie, IL
- Attending Staff Children’s Memorial Hospital 2000 – 2006, Chicago, IL
- Attending Staff North Shore University 2000 – Present, Highland Park, IL 60035
- Attending Staff Lutheran General Hospital 1999 – Present, Lutheran General Children’s Hospital, Park Ridge, IL 60068
- Attending Staff Holy Family Hospital 1999 – 2007, Des Plaines, IL 60016
- Attending Staff Lake Forest Hospital 1999 – Present, Lake Forest, IL 60045
See my Curriculum Vitae