Craig Phillips, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon with Fellowship Training in Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certificate of Added Qualification Surgery of the Hand
- Certificate in Evaluation of Disability and Impairment Ratings
- Phillips CS, Falender R and Mass D. Ulnar flexor tendon synovial sheath anatomy: A macroscopic study. Journal of Hand Surgery 20A:636-641, 1995.
- Phillips C and Mackay DR. An unusual foreign body in the hand; delayed presentation of a retained human tooth. A case report. Scandinavian Journal of Plastic Reconstructive and Hand Surgery 29(2):181-183, 1995.
- Phillips CS and Mass D. Mechanical analysis of the palmar aponeurosis pulley in human cadaver hands. Journal of Hand Surgery 21A:240-244, 1996.
- Komanduri M, Phillips CS and Mass D. Tensile strength of flexor tendon repairs in a dynamic cadaver model. Journal of Hand Surgery 21A:605-611, 1996.
- Kang H, Lee S, Phillips CS and Mass D. Biomechanical changes of cadaveric finger flexion: The effect of wrist position and of the transverse carpal ligament and palmar and forearm fasciae. Journal of Hand Surg 21A:963-968, 1996.
- Hamman J, Ali A, Phillips CS, Cunningham B and Mass D. A biomechanical study of the flexor digitorum superficialis: Effects on digital pulley excision and loss of flexor digitorum profundus. Journal of Hand Surgery 22A:328-335, 1997.
- Phillips FM, Phillips CS, Wetzel FT and Gelinas C. Occipito-cervical neutral position – Surgical implications. Spine 24:775-778, 1999.
- Phillips CS, Murphy MS. Vascular Problems of the Upper-Extremity: A Primer for the Orthopaedic Surgeon. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery, November 2002.
- Phillips CS, Nenadovich N. A contemporary approach to osteoporotic wrist fractures in the elderly.
Advances in Osteoporotic Fracture Management. Quarterly review, October 2002
- Phillips CS, Swanson A and Mass MD. A mechanical comparison of pulley reconstruction techniques in the cadaver digit. Accepted after resubmission Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery
- Chicago Surgical Society: Annual competition – 1993
- American Association for Hand Surgery, 23rd Annual Meeting: Best Research Basic Science Category – 1993
- Howard Schneider Competition: Illinois Orthopaedic Society – 1994 and 1998
- AOA-Zimmer Traveling Award: American Orthopaedic Association – 1998
- Illinois Orthopaedic Society: Resident Competition – 1999
- The University of Chicago: Section of Orthopaedic Surgery – Teacher of the Year Award, 2001-2002
- January 2004 – Present: Hand and Upper-Extremity Surgery,Microvascular Surgery, Illinois Bone & Joint Institute
- January 2004 – Present: Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, Department of Surgery, Section of Orthopaedic Surgery, The University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine
- July 1992 – June 1994: Research Associate – Hand and Upper-Extremity Surgery University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- July 2000 – December 2003: Assistant Professor of Surgery, Reconstructive Hand and Upper-Extremity Surgery, Microvascular Surgery,Section of Orthopaedic Surgery,The University of Chicago Hospitals
- July 2000 – December 2003: Director Hand and Upper-Extremity Surgery, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Louis A Weiss Memorial Hospital
- January 2004 – June 2009: Instructor of Clinical Orthopaedic Surgery Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University