Meet Brian Weatherford
Dr. Brian Weatherford is an Orthopedic Surgeon with fellowship training in both foot and ankle and trauma surgery. He is dedicated to the treatment of patients with foot and ankle disorders as well traumatic musculoskeletal injuries. His areas of special interest include arthritis of the ankle, post-traumatic conditions of the lower extremity and deformity correction.
He graduated cum laude from Vanderbilt University with undergraduate degrees in both molecular biology and Spanish. A native of Texas, Dr. Weatherford attended medical school at The University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, where he graduated first in his class. He continued his medical education in Chicago, completing a surgical internship and Orthopaedic Surgery residency at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine. He then dedicated an additional two years to fellowship training in orthopaedic trauma and foot and ankle surgery.
Dr. Weatherford resides in Glenview with his wife and their growing family. He is fluent in Spanish and enjoys tennis, travel and spending time with his three young children.
Additional Areas of Expertise
- Post-traumatic conditions of the foot
- Periarticular Fractures
- Pelvic & Acetabular Fractures
- Deformity Correction
- Infection Treatment
Philosophy of Care
My goal is to educate the patient about their condition so they can be an active participant in choosing the best treatment option.
Orthopaedic Associates of Michigan
Foot and Ankle Surgery
R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center
University of Texas Health Science Center
Research and Publications
- Weatherford BM, Anderson JG, Bohay DR. Management of Tarsometatarsal Joint Injuries. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2017 Jul;25(7):469-479. PubMed PMID: 28574939
- Weatherford BM, Bohay DR, Anderson JG. Open Reduction and Internal Fixation Versus Primary Arthrodesis for Lisfranc Injuries. Foot Ankle Clin. 2017 Mar;22(1):1-14. Review. PMID: 28167055
- Larson JE, Patel AR, Weatherford B, Janicki JA. Timing of Pavlik Harness Initiation: Can We Wait? J Pediatr Orthop. 2017 Jan 16. PubMed PMID: 28098581
- Switaj PJ, Wetzel RJ, Jain NP, Weatherford BM, Ren Y, Zhang LQ, Merk BR. Comparison of modern locked plating and antiglide plating for fixation of osteoporotic distal fibular fractures. Foot Ankle Surg. 2016 PMID: 27502223
- Ghodasra JH, Weatherford BM, Nickoli MS, Daley EL, Chen K, Zhang LQ, Hashmi SZ, Hsu EL, Hsu WK . The effect of rhBMP-2 in a novel, non-instrumented extremity nonunion model. J Orthop Sci. 2016. PMID: 26740420
- Hagen JE, Weatherford BM, Nascone JW, Sciadini MF. Anterior intrapelvic modification to the ilioinguinal approach. J Orthop Trauma. 2015. PMID: 25486000
- Switaj PJ, Weatherford B, Fuchs D, Rosenthal B, Pang E, Kadakia AR. Evaluation of Posterior Malleolar Fractures and the Posterior Pilon Variant in Operatively Treated Ankle Fractures. Foot Ankle Int. 2014. PMID: 24942618.
- Marecek GS, Weatherford BM, Fuller EB, Saltzman MS. The Effect of Axillary Hair on Surgical Antisepsis Around the Shoulder. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2014. PMID: 25487899
- Savage JW, Weatherford BM, Sugrue PA, Nolden MT, Liu JC, Song JK, Haak MH. Efficacy of surgical preparation solutions in lumbar spine surgery. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2012. PMID: 22437997.
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 2007
- MSP Designated Academic Scholarship, University of Texas, 2007
- MSP Designated Academic Scholarship, University of Texas, 2008
See my Curriculum Vitae