Illinois Bone and Joint Institute understands the demands of the Performing Artist by knowing:
- The language of dance, theatre, gymnastics, music, martial arts and skating to effectively work with the demands of each art form
- The need to keep performing and the need for injury prevention
- The technique and terminology
- The specific footwear requirements
- The beginner to the professional
Research based care including physical therapy, occupational therapy, massage therapy, acupuncture, athletic training, orthotic management as appropriate to the art form.
Consultation screen for strength, range of motion, stability deficits as it relates to the individual and their craft. We offer free injury screens or formal physical therapy.
- If a referral form a physician is necessary, we are happy to guide you to any of our incredible orthopedic physicians who will evaluate you and write you a prescription.
Our therapists are available to attend your practice and/or performance locations (gym, rink, studio, etc) to evaluate your needs. Assessing your strength, stability, mobility, balance and coordination, the therapist can work with you to improve these areas and allow for better performance.
Pilates (Mat or Equipment)
Physical Therapy based Pilates and Private Pay Pilates is offered at multiple locations. Cross training will enable the performer to remain in excellent condition during times when they are not taking class or rehearsing, or it can help to enhance their existing training program.
Personal training (Group or Individual)
Highly certified personal trainers will coordinate with the physical therapist to individualize cross training programs for the optimal health of the performing artist.
Injury Prevention Workshops
Based off of the gym/rink/studio needs, we are happy to educate small or large groups for pointe screens, cross training programs, concussion prevention programs or any combination of the such.