Performing Arts Rehabilitation
The performing artist is a unique individual that incorporates their voice and/or body with physical and emotional expression to convey a story. This type of athlete requires strength, stability, stamina and energy to repetitively entertain their audience therefore leading to many over use injuries.
Illinois Bone and Joint Institute understands the demands of the Performing Artist by knowing:
- The language of dance, theatre, gymnastics, music, martial arts and skating to effectively work with the demands of each art form
- The need to keep performing and the need for injury prevention
- The technique and terminology
- The specific footwear requirements
- The beginner to the professional
and is therefore proud to offer Performing Arts Rehabilitation!
Research based care including physical therapy, occupational therapy, massage therapy, acupuncture, athletic training, orthotic management as appropriate to the art form.