Dr. Anand Vora, practicing primarily in IBJI’s Libertyville office, performed the first total ankle replacement surgery in Lake County in the fall of 2008. A board-certified orthopaedic surgeon specializing in foot and ankle disorders and injuries, Dr. Vora used a newer generation ankle replacement device. The new implant is more like a normal ankle joint and requires less bone removal than previous versions of the device. Those two features – the anatomical similarity and the preservation of natural bone – result in a replacement that moves more like a “normal” ankle. “The advances in the technology are exciting,” says Dr. Vora, “because it translates to better post-surgical outcomes for the patients. And really, it’s the improvement in patient’s health that is gratifying to me as a physician.”
- September 24, 2021 Avoid Work-from-Home Pain
- September 17, 2021 How to Communicate Pain to Your Doctor
- September 16, 2021 Think Outside the (Lunch) Box
- September 15, 2021 Successful IBJI Fundraiser Raises Over $40K for Glenkirk
- September 13, 2021 New OrthoAccess Immediate Care Clinic in Arlington Heights
Illinois Bone & Joint Institute is one of the largest orthopedic group practices in Illinois. We offer more than 100 physicians and 20 locations throughout Chicago, ensuring complete musculoskeletal care wherever our patients are. Contact us to learn more about our advanced diagnostic technology and services.