Dr. Anand Vora, practicing primarily in IBJI’s Libertyville office, performed the first total ankle replacement surgery in Lake County in the fall of 2008. A board-certified orthopaedic surgeon specializing in foot and ankle disorders and injuries, Dr. Vora used a newer generation ankle replacement device. The new implant is more like a normal ankle joint and requires less bone removal than previous versions of the device. Those two features – the anatomical similarity and the preservation of natural bone – result in a replacement that moves more like a “normal” ankle. “The advances in the technology are exciting,” says Dr. Vora, “because it translates to better post-surgical outcomes for the patients. And really, it’s the improvement in patient’s health that is gratifying to me as a physician.”
- April 14, 2021 What is Gout – Symptoms and Causes
- April 7, 2021 Outpatient Joint Replacement During A Pandemic
- April 1, 2021 IBJI Welcomes New Pain Management Physician
- March 29, 2021 Tips for Losing Weight Before Hip Replacement
- March 26, 2021 What’s the Difference Between Hip Resurfacing and Hip Replacement?
Illinois Bone & Joint Institute is one of the largest orthopedic group practices in Illinois. We offer more than 100 physicians and 20 locations throughout Chicago, ensuring complete musculoskeletal care wherever our patients are. Contact us to learn more about our advanced diagnostic technology and services.