Dr. Anand Vora, practicing primarily in IBJI’s Libertyville office, performed the first total ankle replacement surgery in Lake County in the fall of 2008. A board-certified orthopaedic surgeon specializing in foot and ankle disorders and injuries, Dr. Vora used a newer generation ankle replacement device. The new implant is more like a normal ankle joint and requires less bone removal than previous versions of the device. Those two features – the anatomical similarity and the preservation of natural bone – result in a replacement that moves more like a “normal” ankle. “The advances in the technology are exciting,” says Dr. Vora, “because it translates to better post-surgical outcomes for the patients. And really, it’s the improvement in patient’s health that is gratifying to me as a physician.”
- January 22, 2021 Should I Get the COVID-19 Vaccine? An Orthopedist’s Perspective
- January 11, 2021 Illinois Bone & Joint Institute Opens New Physical Therapy Clinic in Bourbonnais
- December 21, 2020 MRI Misconceptions For Back Pain
- December 14, 2020 What to Do if You Have Frostbite in Your Hands
- November 20, 2020 Low Back Pain in the Setting of COVID-19
Illinois Bone & Joint Institute is one of the largest orthopedic group practices in Illinois. We offer more than 100 physicians and 20 locations throughout Chicago, ensuring complete musculoskeletal care wherever our patients are. Contact us to learn more about our advanced diagnostic technology and services.
September 11, 2020