What IBJI is Doing
The health and wellbeing of our patients, staff, and community is our first priority. Amidst growing concern around Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are taking all the CDC and IDPH recommendations and precautions to prevent viral transmission to ensure your safety in our facilities.
- IBJI will contact patients prior to their scheduled office visits in order to reiterate and confirm a health status check as recommended by the CDC.
- Patients presenting with COVID-19 symptoms – cough, fever, difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain, headaches, sore throat, newly developed loss of taste or smell – will be rescheduled per CDC guidelines and their referring MD will be notified.
- Those patients who fall into a “high risk” category, including patients who have travelled to known COVID-19 “hotspots”, even if they are asymptomatic, will be asked to reschedule their appointment 14 days from the date of their current appointment.
- Out of an abundance of caution, IBJI will be recommending that patients over the age of 65, as well as Patients with known immunocompromised conditions such as Cancer and Diabetes, consider rescheduling their appointments as well.
Masking and Face Coverings
As of 4/24/2020, Gov. Pritzker has provided the following guidelines on masking: All Illinoisans should wear a mask or face covering when they must leave their home or report to work for essential operations and they either cannot or it is impractical to maintain 6 feet of physical distance between themselves and others. IDPH guidelines can be found here.
- IBJI continues to follow the highest level of OSHA sanitization guidelines. We have enhanced these preventative measures in order to protect our staff, Patients and the community at large against any additional risk factors associated with the spread of COVID-19.
Health Status Monitoring
- IBJI has initiated an “Active Monitoring Schedule” for all staff Members to ensure that our responsibility towards your scheduled visit starts long before you walk through our doors. Through active and consistent self monitoring, IBJI will contribute to maintaining the highest possible levels of risk mitigation while providing essential musculoskeletal health services for you during this national emergency.
IBJI is providing the following information from the CDC and other resources regarding the Coronavirus and COVID-19. We are making these links available to provide you with the most current and relevant information.
- How It Spreads
- Prevention and Treatment
- Stigma and COVID-19
- Facts from the CDC
- Spanish Resources
- Prevención y tratamiento
This is a rapidly evolving situation and information will be updated as needed here and on the CDC website at cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/. For Spanish visit https://espanol.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
For general questions about COVID-19 and Illinois’ response and guidance, call 1-800-889-3931 or email DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV.