IBJI Sports Neurology – Morton Grove
9000 Waukegan Road
Morton Grove, IL 60053
Dr. Anthony Savino is a board-certified neurologist with fellowship training in sports neurology. In addition to the treatment of all adult neurological disorders, he specializes in the management of concussion, neurological disorders including headache, sleep or mood problems and maintenance of long-term brain health in athletes of any age.
Dr. Savino’s interests include management of acute concussion, autonomic dysfunction in concussion, treatment of post-concussion syndrome, and post-concussion headache. During his fellowship he collaborated on a long-term research study of head trauma in youth and high school football players. This study examined the potential sequelae of repetitive hits to the head over time through measurements of head impacts by helmet sensors and extensive brain function tests before and after each football season.
He completed his residency in Neurology at Boston University Medical Center, serving as Chief Resident during his final year of training. Dr. Savino obtained his medical degree from Rush Medical College in Chicago and completed his undergraduate degree at the University of Colorado, Boulder.
Dr. Savino is a Neurological Consultant for the Chicago Red Stars, Chicago Wolves and Lake Forest College in addition to various local high schools and club teams. He also serves as a Team Pool Physician for the US Ski and Snowboard Team.
Additional Areas of Expertise
- Acute Concussion Care
- Migraine and other Headaches
- Post Concussion Syndrome
- Pre-Participation Neurological Evaluations
- Long-Term Brain Health
- Sleep Problems
- Trigger Point Injections
- Occipital Nerve Blocks
Philosophy of Care
Treatment needs to be personalized to each patient, it is less about a protocol and more so a process.
Affilations and Associations
- American Academy of Neurology Sports Neurology Section
- American Medical Association
- Team Pool Physician – US Ski and Snowboard Team
- Neurological Consultant – Chicago Red Stars
- Neurological Consultant – Chicago Wolves
- Neurological Consultant – Lake Forest College
- Neurological Consultant – Glenbrook South High School
- Neurological Consultant – Glenbrook North High School
- Neurological Consultant – Notre Dame High School
- Neurological Consultant – Antioch High School
- Neurological Consultant – Niles North High School
- Neurological Consultant – Niles West High School
- Neurological Consultant – St. Patrick’s High School
- Neurological Consultant – New Trier Rugby
Rush Medical College
Boston University Medical Center
The Sports Neurology Clinic at Core
See a general list of health plans in which our providers participate.
PLEASE NOTE: While many of IBJI’s providers participate in various plans from Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna,Cigna, Humana, United Healthcare and others, IBJI strongly encourages you to contact your specific health plan to ensure your chosen doctor is in-network.