Workers’ Compensation & Related Services
We Restore Quality of Life and Livelihood.
IBJI understands the trauma of workplace injury and specializes in restoring injured workers to full function. We provide both the high quality medical care and therapy injured workers need to recover, as well as case management support.
IBJI is one of the largest orthopedic practices in Illinois offering more depth and breadth of expertise in one organization than anywhere else. We are home to more than 100 physicians representing upwards of 25 orthopedic specialties and we provide expertise in independent medical evaluations (IME’s) and industrial rehabilitation. Our Workers’ Compensation administrative team is dedicated to meeting the needs of case managers, employers, claims adjusters and other involved parties.
IBJI Workers’ Compensation Philosophy Statement
At Illinois Bone & Joint Institute (IBJI), our physicians and healthcare professionals approach the workers’ compensation patient like we do all of our patients.
- The injured worker will receive superior orthopedic care based on evidence-based practices.
- Conservative treatment, when appropriate, will always be the first option.
- The injured worker will never be required to have excessive examinations, imaging or treatments.
- Illinois Bone & Joint Institute does not dispense in-house prescription medications.
- IBJI physicians strive to get the employee back to safe work duty as soon as medically appropriate.
Our collaborative care model, which fosters communication among all healthcare providers, is the key to an efficient and economical recovery.
Workers Compensation & IME Resources
- IME Location Directory
- Information for Injured Workers
- Information for Employers
- 6th Edition of the AMA Guidelines
Injured workers receive priority treatment at every IBJI location by any of the physicians listed below. At a first visit, the physician reviews patient history, performs a detailed examination and evaluates diagnostic tests to determine the most effective course of treatment.
Convenient, Cost-Effective Diagnostics
IBJI’s advanced MRI and diagnostic imaging services often cost less than the same services from large health systems and hospitals. Imaging is integrated in physician offices at most locations, making it easy to access.
Affordable, Immediate Care at OrthoAccess
IBJI OrthoAccess® is a walk-in clinic offering exceptional immediate care for up to 80% less cost than an emergency room. For cuts, breaks, sprains, muscle strains and intense pain – injuries that need immediate attention, but not necessarily an ER – our specialists provide advanced, same-day care.
Learn More »
Our physicians and therapists collaborate closely on patient care. The ability to consult, monitor and alter therapy as needed is a unique advantage that improves therapeutic results and speeds patient recovery.
Making an Appointment is Easy
A Dedicated Workers’ Compensation Team
Our Workers’ Compensation team offers the coordination, fast report turnaround and attention to detail required to facilitate Workers’ Compensation casework. We provide:
- Full and responsive documentation keeps all parties updated on progress and recovery
- All dictated reports are provided within 24-hours– even faster for STAT requests
- Same-day work status reports update all parties to employee work restrictions or release to full duty
The IBJI Workers’ Compensation team will also:
- Schedule appointments for injured workers
- Verify workers’ compensation benefits coverage
- Submit progress reports, test results and work status reports to nurse case managers, adjusters and employers
- Secure approval of tests and surgeries recommended by our physicians
Independent Medical Evaluations (IME)
Our Independent Medical Evaluations (IME) program offers clinical integrity, convenience and service. IME’s are available from any of our physicians at any of our locations. The IBJI Workers’ Compensation team coordinates the documentation flow and scheduling.
Appointments are scheduled within 24 hours of request
A confirmation, including directions and fees, is emailed within one day
The full IME report is provided within 5 business days
Click here for a full list of IBJI IME certified physicians
- Receive personalized assistance at 877-385-8755
- Email requests directly to email@example.com
- Complete and email IME Appointment Request